It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We deserve some response

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We all deserve an answer to the why and how.
If these things cannot be answered then why should anyone contribute to a user based forum?
I have been a member for many many years and it would appear that the owners don't really care about those that contribute their time and effort towards the content here.
So now it is time to answer for the fault.
Who is to blame?
Why did this happen?
Going forward, what will or should be done to prevent such a happening?

MOD EDIT
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Fri Nov 3 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Please don't take this as rude but no, no we don't.
It would be nice, sure but nothing is "deserved"

This site collects no money nor PII. Worst case is you have your email address and site login/password exposed. If that puts your security at risk, that's on you

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raptured

My security on this domain seems to be secured. I would never compromise my personal email nor a screen name.
Yes I was locked out but honestly that is of little concern.

I do believe that some here may not have the mental know how to not be secured in their own right.
And I do believe that we all deserve some answers or answer from the domains owners.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I exclude myself from "We". I don't feel I deserve anything from anyone at this site. It's free. You come here because YOU get something for your efforts/time.
Personally, the past weeks were like finding an onion ring in your fries. An unexpected surprise. But I do prefer fries over onion rings.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Without making myself sound a bit ridiculous, we do not know either.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You prayed for a bicycle and got a Harley and still you complain
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

You've never had great onion rings then

and thank you. You did a better job of explaining the point I was trying to make

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I do prefer fries I must say.
In regards to a user based content web domain the boss should always give a response.
If I was your boss and utilized your own creations to obtain a positive would you being the creator want something?
If everyone stopped making threads then would ATS exist?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

A honest answer and I thank you for a proper response.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
lots of people complaining about their groceries being too heavy to carry

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm on board with the ''we got or get what we deserve'' notion

For me this week has not been about onion rings in the fries, it has been about fresh hot fries in place of the usual cold stale fries this place was becoming. Already I can smell the old rancid cooking oil from the fryer in the kitchen.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

I'm on board with the ''we got or get what we deserve'' notion

For me this week has not been about onion rings in the fries, it has been about fresh hot fries in place of the usual cold stale fries this place was becoming. Already I can smell the old rancid cooking oil from the fryer in the kitchen.

It is a new day for ATS.
It feels like a ton of excess baggage has just been lifted of the shoulders of ats after a decade of accumulated collection.

Fresh legs...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Who is to blame?
Why did this happen?
Going forward, what will or should be done to prevent such a happening?

I think those questions are premature.

I mean I had to join discord (which seems fun) and ask a moderator I have never talked to before to reset my email for access to my old account. Being explicitly told to avoid PM's and asking on this site because it may be "compomised".

Well, I handed over a G-mail to a person on faith everything would be fine, despite the cognitive dissonance words said elsewhere convey.

It's sorta like the TWA crash. You got the real story the first four hours, and everything thereafter was BS.

We were here.
edit on 27-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

I do prefer fries I must say.
In regards to a user based content web domain the boss should always give a response.
If I was your boss and utilized your own creations to obtain a positive would you being the creator want something?
If everyone stopped making threads then would ATS exist?

I certainly think a response from management would be respectful. It would show some concern and appreciation for the users here. But it's not something we are owed. And, yes, I would expect something from my boss for my contributions, a paycheck. But that it agreed upon up front. I wouldn't work at my job for free as I don't get anything worthy, outside of my paycheck, in return.
I come here because I enjoy the abuse. I expect no other compensation.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

We can hope.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Love Nightwish!

🥇🍻

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I come here because I enjoy the abuse. I expect no other compensation.

At times I think some here must be masochists but then chalk it up to the challenge of remaining civil and polite in abusive environments. But the abuse had gotten so, ah, rote. Open the abuse book to page 4, ah use that one or page 45, yep there's the one I want to use today. If I had a nickel for every time I heard xxxxxxxx.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

At times I think some here must be masochists but then chalk it up to the challenge of remaining civil and polite in abusive environments.

Most Kaiju are neither civil nor polite. But the challenge you mention builds character, so I try.

Open the abuse book to page 4, ah use that one or page 45, yep there's the one I want to use today.

The good ones don't start until around page 60!

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thank you Hakaiju, I learned a new word today.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Comes across as a bit entitled this. Not sure the owners owe us anything. This place is us, a space provided by them. That’s all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join