It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about how ATS now works. . .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HeadMod

_GHOST_ is a sweetie pie.

He is the one who fixed the mods' login credentials so they could fix this đź’©show

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Use a throw away email, create a password phrase. Use a VPN if you can. Don't send u2u's

Should be pretty safe. And that's all recommended by Ghost as well. Don't think him and Djarums are being nefarious

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

_GHOST_ is a sweetie pie.

He is the one who fixed the mods' login credentials so they could fix this đź’©show

Thanks for the info, from what little Ive read he seems a standup guy and doing all this for the right reasons. A lot of truzted, streetwise members have used his services and sing his praises.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yeah, _GHOST_ rocks.
And just in time for Halloween!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeadMod
a reply to: Another_Nut

I dont use discord and try to avoid givinng out personal details to complete strangers.

I was asking if this Ghost person is an ethical hacker who is using his skills to repair the site seeing as managers have done or runner or is he the unethical hacker trype who would use the info he is asking for for further hacking or unethical behaviiour.

Im clueless of tech and would rather wait to see if mods or management attempt to repair the site than hand my personal details to a unknown

TL;DR - ATS Site is dead, owners have done a runner, seem to have left all mods in the dark, so it makes more sense just to sign up to the discord and stay on the forum there instead of re-singing up to here.

Im hearing the same Mods are resetting accounts etc .. but site is still in peril.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Randomtangentsareme
Is a locked out mod or admin....still 1 if they're locked out without recourse?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

the email and password database was purged. somebody is fixing it by entering an address you give them.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: kwaka

You can use any email thats good for you , the old ones are gone that yousigned up with, dont worry if you cant remeber it just give one you can use.

you can give them the same address and it will work. i did and it worked.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I can understand a bit of hesitancy around giving out an email address; however, it's straightforward to make a throwaway Google email these days. Even if you can't do that, you can still use your regular email like I did; make sure you use a password manager to generate a 20-character random password that you don't have to remember. I would also recommend setting up two-factor authentication on that password manager; Yubikeys are cheap and effective, or Google Authenticator, for that matter.

I'm not terribly worried about someone having my email address; it's out in the wild anyway. I've seen it and some credentials associated with it floating around out there. I always use my password manager with two-factor, which I know isn't a complete fix, but a damn sight better than what 99% of the population uses, so you'll get my email with a string of gobbledygook that doesn't work anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

You should be more concerned with how long the lights stay on.

Rather that how it all functions…..

Our days are numbered.

^^THAT

Someone paid good money to buy this site. The place blows up and they are nowhere to be seen. They didn't care. How can someone make a business investment like this and not keep up with it and maintain it? It's bizarre. ATS is duct taped together right now. It can't survive without moderator intervention. It fell apart within hours. The behavior was obscene and childish. Not a place that anyone would want to spend time at.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Back in thanks to DJ and the advice from this thread - the discord looks great but I have no idea how to use it yet so going to work on that for a while.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
From what I can gather from those who heard from ghost.
Darko came here to destroy ats.
And I guess it looks like it was being done in a way that would discredit the site and blame the users.
And ghost interceded.
Which does raise more questions.
But I intend on being patient because right now ATS looks better than at anytime in 10 years.
It will be interesting to see the new moderator guidelines that will be established.

I have a big yearning for the DJT user to be legit and that being the future for ATS as becoming THE legitimate news aggregate and investigative forum for the net.
I have a bigger pool of candidates for who ghost is now because of those DJT posts and await to see if they are valid
a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

I don't believe that to be accurate.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

I don't believe that to be accurate.

The onus is now upon you.
But you have the right to believe anything you want

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Randomtangentsareme

Our days are numbered.

Why are our days numbered

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
The site exists only as long as the payments are up to date.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI2
a reply to: purplemer
The site exists only as long as the payments are up to date.

So i guess for the time being they are upto date.

nice to see you back

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Our days are numbered.

^^THAT

Someone paid good money to buy this site. The place blows up and they are nowhere to be seen. They didn't care. How can someone make a business investment like this and not keep up with it and maintain it? It's bizarre. ATS is duct taped together right now. It can't survive without moderator intervention. It fell apart within hours. The behavior was obscene and childish. Not a place that anyone would want to spend time at.

Thats the conundrum. Why pay mid six digits for something, then just forget about it?

Unless you’re a BC multimillionaire and have a short attention span. Which appears to be the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join