It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Owner [Was: ATS WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

A former member? Was he banned from ATS? So he created his own site and then installed all the ATS moderators as moderators on his own site? So now there are two sites with the same moderators and the same members? Again, strange.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I think it was a former ATS member who created Deny-Ignorance.

I thought it was TSK, Djarums, DontTreadOnMe.
They aren't former members.
I've not heard the 'former member' thing before.

Whatever. It's a new site that is up and running.
It's taking the place of this one when it ends
which could be May 23rd. It's all good.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RemoteView

Not a banned member, just one of hundreds who drift away or just linger in the background.
It's not strange, ATS went down hard a few months back and all logins were erazed and if you take the time to read the links I provided you'd see a lot of people thought it was gone for good.
I think the main people on Deny Ignorance were the people who finally got ATS back up and running but with no input from an owner I think they must have felt left out to dry or even betrayed so started going else where

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, but I thought TSK wasn't contributing here anymore, he only came back to help fix the site when it was attacked?

edit on 22-4-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
Yeah, but I thought TSK wasn't contributing here anymore?

I've seen him around.
Started a thread a couple of days ago ...
HERE
Not very active.
edit on 4/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yeah, he took a break from ATS when I joined and came back purely as a good samaritan. ( thats what I thought? )

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RemoteView
a reply to: ADVISOR

Maybe people become "douchebags" because of overzealous moderating and obvious double standards.

Are you one of those people?

Asking for a friend...

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I rarely post here anymore because I genuinely don't see the point when the future of ATS hangs in the balance. Why post anything of substance if it's just going to go poof in a month.

I made this account as a young teenager, and I was banned a few years later. I lashed out at a staff member almost 20 years ago, and I went way too far with my words. I had every right to be upset, but the way I handled it was all wrong. I posted under "jaymp" after that, after giving Bill a heads up, but once the place was consumed by nothing but politics, I like many others faded to the background.

I've known this site, it's members, and it's staff for a very long time. It pains me to see ATS in shambles like it is because some scam artist tried to make a quick buck before setting up his tent elsewhere. MykeNukem generously donated the domain,with his incredible foresight, and I got to work creating a life raft for us.

I'm just a friendly stoner that likes to talk about aliens and #. lol. I also understand the importance of levity, and I hope to set a calmer tone than we've all been accustomed to. Though, if calm isn't your cup of tea, DI may not be the place for you.
edit on 4-22-2024 by theshadowknows because: Post proofreading. Half asleep

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theshadowknows
Why post anything of substance if it's just going to go poof in a month..

May 23 is a full moon. It's gunna' be crazy here I think!

(post by DomainCreated20230321 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by DomainCreated20230321 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Sorry ment to reply to remoteview.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You could post because it’s the internet and nothing is ever totally wiped from the internet.

a reply to: theshadowknows

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theshadowknows

Thanks for clearing all that up and it gives some members a chance to see how and why Deny Ignorance has risen like a phoenix from the ashes of ATS.
You're just a person looking for a cool site to call home like many of us have.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: theshadowknows
I rarely post here anymore because I genuinely don't see the point when the future of ATS hangs in the balance. Why post anything of substance if it's just going to go poof in a month.

You never know who is reading.

If a post can make someone learn something or make them happier then you should post it, regardless of how long it will be available.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   

May 23 is a full moon. It's gunna' be crazy here I think!

I know the end is comin' soon
I fear rivers overflowin'
I hear the voice of rage and ruin

don't log on that tonight
well, it's bound to take your life
there's a bad moon on the rise

just a little sampling

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Since this title is misleading, and pretty much a rehash of this more current and ongoing thread on the waning days of ATS, this thread is being closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join