It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British TV Presenter Refuses To Use Guest's Preferred Pronouns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dont watch tv. it is actually right wing or has it been smeared as such. I have seen people that are against identity politics be called right wing. Even though it has nothing to do with that.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The whole LGBTQWERTY movement is a politically motivated load of crap

This is top down agenda and i dont think they care about men in dresses. its more to do with the trans human movement. We are just about there..

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

TalkTV is a Right Wing TV channel and Julia Hartley-Brewer is notoriously outspoken on these issues

Those evil nasty right wingers, to think referring to a women as she/her....the gall. What's next referring to a man as him/he. Just unbelievable. What should we do?
The horror. Its just not right.
Sorry, I couldn't resist...nevermind....carry on.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

Everytime I think how scary America has become I see some thing from the UK that blows my mind. Like recently they put someone in jail (prison?) for making bumper stickers.

Did they?, do you have any details of when, where or who?

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I really don't get why this is such a big deal to people. The only way this can possibly bother anyone is if they harbor hatred for a group of people.

Like, if I want to be called Roger, people will call me Roger, even if that is not my real name. Who cares? That's what I want to be called.

The only time any of this matters is when it is time for sexual intimacy. At that time a transgender person has a moral and an ethical obligation to notify their potential partner that they are trans. If they don't and the other person is surprised, they can file lawsuits for emotional distress and what not.

It literally only matters when you're about to reach for it. Other than that, I'll call anyone whatever they want to be called. You want me to call you Jennifer? Sure, I'll call you Jennifer... it has nothing to do with me. Have a great life.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

Did they?, do you have any details of when, where or who?

www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org...=Fro m%20%251%24s&aoh=17133881850132&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-leeds-68448867

www.gbnews.com...

I haven't even read the second link yet, but at least it works.

Basically he made stickers that you could download and print out yourself. He apparently wasn't happy with all the immigration. They said he is a bigot and a xenophobe and put him in a cage for 2 years.

edit on 5300416America/Chicagopm17 by 5thHead because: OBEY

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

Some people don't want to 'identify' at all.

If they label you, they have the control.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

thanks, not heard of the case, does seem rather draconian, why anyone would devote so much of their life though on such nonsense when he had a wife and child is beyond me

why get so hung up on the race of others when you have a family of your own, but still 2 years seems excessive I agree

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

why anyone would devote so much of their life though on such nonsense when he had a wife and child is beyond me

Maybe because he doesn't want his country taken over.

edit on 5300517America/Chicagopm17 by 5thHead because: Just a thought

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Refusing to use someone's preferred pronouns is every bit as rude as refusing to use a person's given name.

Perhaps even more so, since, for most people, their name is "bestowed" upon them by others (parents/guardians/tribe), whereas one's gender identity, especially if that identity is not the one "assigned" at birth, is even more personal, as it is intrinsic to how that person experiences themselves.

I do not understand how being openly rude to each other is somehow to be conflated with "anti-woke"-ness, and therefore some great boon for common sense and community.

If you want the right to believe you are xx when you are xy, then you have to accept my right to call you xy.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I dont watch tv. it is actually right wing or has it been smeared as such. I have seen people that are against identity politics be called right wing. Even though it has nothing to do with that.

A really good point!

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

TalkTV is a Right Wing TV channel and Julia Hartley-Brewer is notoriously outspoken on these issues

Those evil nasty right wingers, to think referring to a women as she/her....the gall. What's next referring to a man as him/he. Just unbelievable. What should we do?
The horror. Its just not right.
Sorry, I couldn't resist...nevermind....carry on.

I said in one of my posts this isn't a right or left wing issue but it has become one, intentionally.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
I really don't get why this is such a big deal to people. The only way this can possibly bother anyone is if they harbor hatred for a group of people.

Like, if I want to be called Roger, people will call me Roger, even if that is not my real name. Who cares? That's what I want to be called.

The only time any of this matters is when it is time for sexual intimacy. At that time a transgender person has a moral and an ethical obligation to notify their potential partner that they are trans. If they don't and the other person is surprised, they can file lawsuits for emotional distress and what not.

It literally only matters when you're about to reach for it. Other than that, I'll call anyone whatever they want to be called. You want me to call you Jennifer? Sure, I'll call you Jennifer... it has nothing to do with me. Have a great life.

I have no problem calling a guy a girls name, if that’s what they want to be called but don’t expect me to look at a dude and call him a women because he thinks he’s a women. At that point you’re asking me to compromise my honesty with myself and my integrity. Nope, not going there, don’t ask.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
One thing I’ve noticed about society nowadays is
that certain groups have taken the liberty to redefine the dictionary, science, etc…
and think everyone has to just play along with it and normalize whatever

. . . and re-writing books, history, and definitions.
None of which is 'normalization' BUT de-stabilization.
Tactic :
De-stabilize
Occupy

Same tactic since the days of cain.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Good.

I’ll never use that fantasyland terminology myself as well.
For anyone.
Ever.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: Mahogani

I have no problem calling a guy a girls name, if that’s what they want to be called but don’t expect me to look at a dude and call him a women because he thinks he’s a women. At that point you’re asking me to compromise my honesty with myself and my integrity. Nope, not going there, don’t ask.

Right on, not gonna pretend you're a chick if you're a dude. Just move along and find someone else tp play dress up and make believe with you. These people have a mental issues that are not being addressed. Those going along are called enablers and are not helping. These people need serious help.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Not only is it incorrect, it gets really confusing when reading news articles that say "they did this or that". I have seen it multiple times where I think there is more than one involved in a crime or some other situation.

In one case, a they-man lured some tween girl to run away and meet him, and the whole article sounded like they were both doing a bunch of things together as if it was normal and completely mutual, and it was really just talking about the dude.

Why break grammar and not just come up with something altogether new for your delusions.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It’s mind boggling to me that we are literally surrounded by people being disrespectful and inconsiderate to each other day in and day out, and no one bats an eye. Not a whimper. But as soon as someone refuses to use someone’s “preferred pronoun” people start clutching their pearls and breaking out the flamethrowers and hollering about considerate accommodation.

No.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

'It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn't only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms.
After all, what justification is there for a word which is simply the opposite of some other words? A word contains its opposite in itself. Take ‘good,’ for instance. If you have a word like ‘good,’ what need is there for a word like ‘bad’?

Syme, George Orwell’s 1984
edit on 17-4-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Not only is it incorrect, . .

It's actually not incorrect or a new fad.

From as early as the 14th century to the modern era, singular they/them pronouns have signified a gender-neutral identity that defies gender stereotyping.

The commonly used nonbinary pronoun, singular “they,” could likely be the English language’s oldest gender-neutral pronoun. With constant references throughout history, literature and spoken English, the use of they/them pronouns is far from new.

reporter.rit.edu...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join