It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al Qaida May Be Preparing for Nuclear Strike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Recently several signs are pointing to Al Qaida preparing for a strike on America. Most likely this strike will come in the form of a nuclear bomb. One source has Al Qaida completing the construction of such a bomb, and the other has Al Qaida receiving the blessing to use such a weapon. The blessing from an Islamic cleric in Saudi Arabia allows them to use it as a measure of reciprocity.

www.drudgereport.com
Osama bin Laden now has religious approval to use a nuclear device against Americans, says the former head of the CIA unit charged with tracking down the Saudi terrorist. The former agent, Michael Scheuer, speaks to Steve Kroft in his first television interview without disguise to be broadcast on 60 MINUTES Sunday, Nov. 14 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Scheuer was until recently known as the "anonymous" author of two books critical of the West's response to bin Laden and al Qaeda, the most recent of which is titled Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror. No one in the West knows more about the Qaeda leader than Scheuer, who has tracked him since the mid-1980s. The CIA allowed him to write the books provided he remain anonymous, but now is allowing him to reveal himself for the first time on Sunday's broadcast; he formally leaves the Agency today (12).

Even if bin Laden had a nuclear weapon, he probably wouldn't have used it for a lack of proper religious authority - authority he has now. "[Bin Laden] secured from a Saudi sheik...a rather long treatise on the possibility of using nuclear weapons against the Americans," says Scheuer. "[The treatise] found that he was perfectly within his rights to use them. Muslims argue that the United States is responsible for millions of dead Muslims around the world, so reciprocity would mean you could kill millions of Americans," Scheuer tells Kroft.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.adnki.com
Dubai, (AKI) - The ability to produce and enrich uranium to make nuclear bombs is no longer the prerogative of the world's "tyrannical crusaders", a statement signed by the the al-Qaeda terror network and published on a new Islamic 'Jihad Lion's Den Forum' website claimed this week. "Our attempts to make small nuclear bombs with great potential for destruction have succeeded", said the statement, which its authors said was targeted at the American people. "Al-Qaeda will respond harshly to your refusal to heed sheikh Osama bin Laden's warning not to re-elect the foolish Bush in the presidential elections. We tell you that this refusal will bring Allah's divine wrath upon you. He will make you the the prime target of an attack that will strike at the heart of America", the statement continued.

The message begins with the 60th verse from the 'Al-Anfal' ['The Spoils of War] chapter of the Koran: "And prepare for them you Muslims all you can recruit of strength: armed forces and mounted troops to strike terror into the hearts and minds of Allah's enemy who is your enemy, and into the hearts and minds of others whom you do not know but Allah knows them. And remember that whatever you spend in divine service you shall be reimbursed and never shall you be wronged."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Analysts believe that the tape released by bin Laden at the end of October is the warning to America that we will be struck if we continue to pursue the War on Terror. This would have been one of the requirements from the Sheik to proceed with the plan. The only thing left would be to acquire such a weapon.

Al Qaida has many possible sources to acquire a nuclear bomb, from the former soviet states, to rogue Pakistani nuclear scientists, to even North Korea. The second article provides evidence that Al Qaida recently has become nuclear capable.

While I don't like to be an alarmist, I do like to connect the dots. This particular puzzle is starting to look like a mushroom cloud to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Scary indeed. If OBL or his network or any other one of the terrorist groups have aquired a suitcase nuke of fissile material, this has huge implications. However, it could just be a psychops as well. Why would he publically get permission from a cleric to use the weapons? If I had them and had the will to use them, I would just do that and not make any grand pronouncments.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I just have a question,

So this threat would not have happened if we did not go into Iraq? What about Afghanistan? I wonder if anything we could have done would have stopped this 'threat'.

If it does happen, the reprecussions to the enemy are obvious, and yet they still claim they want to proceed?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
funny, we are in Iraq fighting Iraqis (to liberate them ) and what an Irony the man suppoused to be the one from which we are (on a war on terror) is free to build a bomb and kill us all.

Edsinger I wonder what you Mr. Bush is going to do about this one.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I just have a question,

So this threat would not have happened if we did not go into Iraq? What about Afghanistan? I wonder if anything we could have done would have stopped this 'threat'.

If it does happen, the reprecussions to the enemy are obvious, and yet they still claim they want to proceed?

They strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves up, why would you question them proceeding? OBL has said that it is Western Policies towards the Middle East and Muslims in general. If Bush would have stayed in Afghanistan and finished the Job, we may not be in this situation if they actually would capture him.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Another hallow threat. There will not be another attack on American soil untill just before Bush's 4 years are up.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Don't believe everything they tell you about Osama Bin Laden. The U.S can never catch him because he is a CIA asset, or he is just plain dead.

From the Drudgereport.com website:

Scheuer says bin Laden was criticized by some Muslims for the 9/11 attack because he killed so many people without enough warning and before offering to help convert them to Islam.

That is of course you think Bin Laden is still a lone terrorist leader.

Day after day, Bin Laden is still out there. Hmm...got any other news?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is not funny, if this is a reality and the possibilities are present, how US is going to retaliate from this we don't even know in which country he is located right now.

US is to busy in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok people since our goverment isnt gonna save us. Its up to all of us to figure out where the strike will happen. Bin Laden keeps refering to the heart of America..... would that be considered "Oklahoma"? He never refers to NY as NY but The Manhatten so where is the heart???

If this is true and not false, when do you think this attack will take place?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I got the feeling that the hart of american may be our state capitol.

But most agree that it could be NY again.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
While this has been a deep concern since the beginning of the War on Terror, I would like to throw out a couple of questions:

1) Who is this Saudi sheik?
2) Where is the treatise the article speaks of?
3) When was this approval given? Recently or is this something which
happened in the past and is just surfacing.

There are too many unanswered questions and just being on the sceptical side, didn't they say that this guy was releasing a new book on AlQaida?

Could this be a promotional tool to increase sales?

Do I think that AlQaida is trying to gain access and utilize a nuke? Yes..

Do I think they have them in their hands now? That remains to be seen, but I would lean to the side that they do not.

My feelings are AlQaida's next major attack would be the chem/bio type of attack, just a hunch though.....

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ok, so for a moment, let's just assume the worst. Suppose they have a nuclear bomb. Suppose they are able to deliver it somehow (highly unlikely unless it is a small suitcase type nuke). And, let's suppose that they want to cause the greatest harm possible with it. Reasoning would have it that that they'd probably try to hit DC or NYC, maybe LA, but not necessarily. These people are about terror, and would probably go for the mass casualty effect. Seeing as DC NYC and LA are are probably being watched very heavily, they might opt for a less visable, but still highly populated area somewhere (take your pick, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Miami, etc.)

So let's say a suitcase nuke went off and killed like nearly a million people. My question is, what do you guys think should be our very next move? Do we obliterate Afghanistan? Pakistan? Wipe out the entire middle east? What? And, what do you think the military's next move WOULD be?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
well i think if something did happen like a nuke going off it would be no mercy to all muslims and there would be mass deportation of muslims from all countrys cause they just wouldnt be trusted no more and a true holy war might happen were we would show our true might against them, cause we sure wouldnt let something like a nuke get in our way of retaliation on their countrys even if there are millions of inocents in those countrys, i think the policy is repay in kind an alot more on top just to show em whos the friggin boss..........

People would back such an ratalitory action and deportations too.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
my best is any sort of nuke is going to be intercepted before it reaches a us port. Satelite technology is the key .

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Anyone ever see a shirt/hat/pin with the famous I [heart image] NY?

Like this:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
my best is any sort of nuke is going to be intercepted before it reaches a us port. Satelite technology is the key .

Remember satellite's need to wait on earths rotation in order for them to be in the Zone. They are not 24/7 in any given spot. Also they may have been brought into the US before 9-11.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Anyone ever see a shirt/hat/pin with the famous I [heart image] NY?

Like this:

I have one, you may be correct NY is the hart of the US.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Ok people since our goverment isnt gonna save us. Its up to all of us to figure out where the strike will happen. Bin Laden keeps refering to the heart of America..... would that be considered "Oklahoma"? He never refers to NY as NY but The Manhatten so where is the heart???

If this is true and not false, when do you think this attack will take place?

I see the heart as being Wall Street.
No Wall Street = no financial transactions - no finance transactions = devestating results of the nations interior. Without the capablitity of all but the smallest financial transactions, US would greatly decline at an unbelievable pace. If you are thinking, yes but that hurts not just America - um, would they care?

Yes, I realize there is a back-up Wall Street of sorts, but if I know that, so do they. I just hope (should this ever be a scenario) that there is a shadow-Wall Street, just as the shadow-gov.

Not to forget also, the so-far understanding of a "nuke" coming from the terrorist would most likely be a "dirty-nuke" - hell of explosion yes, but nothing near a conventional nuke. The "dirty-nuke" is just that, dirty being full of radioactivity to spread with the atmoshpere. Not pure explosion with devestation for miles.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I just have a question,

I would have to agree, there isn't anything we could have done to stop this threat. Even before Iraq, bin Laden and his ilk have accused the US of starving millions to death in Iraq, and killing more by bombing the no fly zones. I don't think that either of these wars is the cause for bin laden. The Persian Gulf War I was.

Where will they strike us if they have it? I can't even begin to speculate. I of course would have to assume that you would want hte most bang for the buck, sorry bad pun, so you would locate it in an extremely dense population area, the densist of the dense. And also you would want to damage our political and financial structures. So maybe consider Georgetown.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Something not quite considered just yet. Consider this:
Texas is connected by border with another country.
George Bush is from Texas. Texas is heavily populated.
Many important U.S. facilities are present in Texas.
(NASA, Tons of military bases, Nuclear Power and Research facilities, etc..)
just a thunk, in case we are wrong about the New York idea....

afterthought...
in addition an attack here could reduce our meat supply nationally.
May even drastically affect Domestic oil as well.(Unless Alaska is opened up again..)

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Crysstaafur]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join