It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP Lite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When I was younger I visited an uncle who ran an orange farm in southern Europe.

One of the problems orange farmers in that area had was "hail",
because when it hailed it would ruin the orange crop.

So what not better a solution then to launch 1 or 2, 8 foot dried-ice (i think) spewing missiles at the hail cloud to dissipate it?

Was pretty impressive at the time seeing those things fire up like that and explode at cloud level......the clouds whitened almost instantly.....magically

I told this story to many people but most were like "your dreaming", "not possible" and so on...

Then I came across this article:

"Organizers of a recent Paul McCartney concert in Russia wanted to make sure that he could sing "Good Day Sunshine."

So when clouds began forming over the outdoor concert venue, they decided to take matters into their own hands: They sprayed the clouds with dry ice. The move, called weather modification, cost organizers around $40,000 but it assured Sunday's concert in St. Petersburg would stay dry.

The Russians have used the method before to stop rain from putting a damper on big events. Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered cloud seeding during St. Petersburg's 300th anniversary celebrations. "

full story

I had read about HAARP, but I wasn't aware of any legitimate methods of weather control.
(I use the term "weather control" loosely, since I'm sure major events cannot be produced using this type of system)

Have I been out of the loop here or what?

has anybody heard of these methods before?

If weather control is so readily available, I wonder if it's been used for other less obvious reason?

[edit on 22-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
weather control? thats crazy, and i think impossible

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
nope another tactic i have seen in an encyclopedia to make it rain during a drought is called cloud seeding where an aircraft sprays the cloud possible chemtrail explanation.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have to say that tihs piece that I linked to is called "Chemtrial the Verdict" by "Mario Andrade" on the Jack Blood site

weather control? thats crazy, and i think impossible

I don't know what there really up to maybe some companys do ligit work while the shadyer outs fits do what ever, (chemTrails)Why else would it be kept a secret, no one on the weather channles will even admit there there?
I aslo think thats why America is going through this drought (sp)

Weather modification

The private sector and government contractors are also heavily involved in aerosol spraying. One company, �Weather Modification Inc.� conducts spraying for cloud seeding purposes. Cloud seeding is also called cloud modification, or atmospheric resource management (a more politically correct term). According to their own definition, the purpose of cloud seeding is to �deliberately introduce material(s), or �seeds�, into clouds with the intent of changing their characteristics, thus �managing� to some degree, atmospheric water.�

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In drought areas they will seed potential rain clouds with silver iodide pellets to cause condensation and rain.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemron
In drought areas they will seed potential rain clouds with silver iodide pellets to cause condensation and rain.
buddy read my post i said that already

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the air force is doing a lot of research into weather modification techniques, i think.

check out this af research paper:

Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2525

a taste:

Table 1 - Operational Capabilities Matrix

DEGRADE ENEMY FORCES ENHANCE FRIENDLY FORCES
Precipitation Enhancement Precipitation Avoidance
- Flood Lines of Communication - Maintain/Improve LOC
- Reduce PGM/Recce Effectiveness - Maintain Visibility
- Decrease Comfort Level/Morale - Maintain Comfort Level/Morale
Storm Enhancement Storm Modification
- Deny Operations - Choose Battlespace Environment
Precipitation Denial Space Weather
- Deny Fresh Water - Improve Communication Reliability
-- Induce Drought - Intercept Enemy Transmissions
Space Weather - Revitalize Space Assets
- Disrupt Communications/Radar Fog and Cloud Generation
- Disable/Destroy Space Assets - Increase Concealment
Fog and Cloud Removal Fog and Cloud Removal
- Deny Concealment - Maintain Airfield Operations
- Increase Vulnerability to PGM/Recce - Enhance PGM Effectiveness
Detect Hostile Weather Activities Defend against Enemy Capabilities

-koji K.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It makes a person wonder if we have such technoligy why there is a drought happening now in the US, I beleave it's because of the ChemTrails, they have found traces of Barium salt (sorry SP ) in the air and this I understand removes mosture, why would they do this? is it food control

Western Drought Now Beats 1930s Dust Bowl

By Angie Wagner Associated Press Writer

LAS VEGAS -- The drought gripping the West could be the biggest in 500 years, with effects in the Colorado River basin considerably worse than during the Dust Bowl years, scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey said Thursday.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
very interesting guys, thanks for the inputs....

I did some more research and came of with this:

Different types of cloud control

Static mode cloud seeding seeks to increase rainfall by adding ice crystals (usually in the form of silver iodide or dry ice) to cold clouds.

Dynamic mode cloud seeding increases rainfall by enhancing "vertical air currents in clouds and thereby vertically process more water through the clouds." Basically, in this method of seeding, a much larger number of ice crystals are added to the cloud than in the static mode.

In hygroscopic seeding, salt crystals are released into a cloud. These particles grow until they are large enough to cause precipitation to form. Clouds can be seeded from above with the help of airplanes that drop pyrotechnics, or from the ground by using artillery or ground-to-air rockets

The science of weather seeding is not without controversy. Many question the validity of the results, since they are difficult to prove. Others feel that science shouldn't interfere with nature. Still others claim that increasing rain in one area decreases it in another, in effect, "stealing" rain from other lands that may be in need. Many states have also passed legislation that attempts to regulate cloud seeding and other forms of weather modification.

more:
China admits to weather modification for it's 2008 Olympic Games.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've driven by the HAARP installation in Alaska (it's north of Fairbanks, heading towards the Arctic Circle). As an Alaskan, I'm suspicious of government, but after seeing this and not knowing what it was, I started doing research.

I read the book "Angels Don't Play This HAARP." What's in this book is truly scary.

HAARP stands for High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program.

Here's the URL: www.haarp.alaska.edu... and another about the book www.earthpulse.com...

Here's an interesting article by a friend of mine: www.earthpulse.com...

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
el todo did everyone a great service. I read all the HAARP sites and I am very very afraid!!!! I don't think there is anything anyone can do to stop these maniacs and I for one am afraid that they will destroy the earth's atmosphere-stratosphere and ionosphere. We will become just a barren rock moving along the space-time continum and other life planets will say of that rock "well they were a bunch of beligerent bistids anyway, what did they expect"

new topics

top topics

join