It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed Lockerbie bomber goes missing after British authorities lose track of him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Freed Lockerbie bomber goes missing after British authorities lose track of him

www.dailymail.co .uk

British authorities revealed today they have lost track of the Lockerbie bomber in a major embarrassment to ministers in both London and Scotland.
Under the terms of his release from a Scottish jail on compassionate grounds in August, Abdulbaset Ali al-Megrahi cannot leave Tripoli or change his address and must keep in regular contact with East Renfrewshire Council.

Libyan officials could not say where Megrahi was yesterday and his Scottish monitors could not contact him by telephone. They
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So not only did they release this terrorist who killed innocent people, they were wrong about his diagnosis of only having a few months to live. Now they have lost him, LOST HIM, A TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!

This is such a blunder that it is appalling, lets take a second and consider if they lost track of one of the most highly publicized people to be released from prison, how many "work a day" criminals have they lost? How many dangerous convicts are missing without us hearing about it. Thats a whole seperate issue.

This murderer is now out enjoying freedom somewhere unknown while his victims lay dead, their families had to be put through his release, and now his dissappearance. Not only does this seem fishy it is so wrong on so many level that the British Authorities need to answer some serious questions.

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Hack28]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Didn't he die a few weeks back? I could've sworn that I heard on the news that he died. Timeslip?

In any event, did London really expect that they'd be able to "keep tabs" on him when he was back in Libya, where he was given a heroes welcome? That's kinda naive.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I heard that he died as well. It was all over the news several weeks ago.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oopsie.
The timing is expected.
This party is about to become crazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Yeah he was SUPPOSED to have died shortly after his release, but not long after his release they had a story saying he wasnt that close to his death bed and could live for months if not longer. I guess like anyone else the diagnosis can say you have a month to live and they live for 2 years thats not un-common.
What is is loosing a terrorist, but i agree with you how London ever expected to keep tabs on this guy is beyond me.
Once he received the welcome he did in Libya he should have been returned to jail immediatly.
What kind of messgae is that sending to young impresionable minds over there. Not only would they view 20 years as nothing, because they are young they dont understand the concept, the heroes welcome woud be enough for many to commit murederous acts.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Just a bit of confusion:

LONDON — The British lawyer for Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi said Wednesday that his client was alive, contradicting a Sky News report that said he was dead.

Sky News television reported that the former Libyan intelligence agent, who is critically ill, had died, but attorney Tony Kelly said the report was untrue.

"He is alive, he is breathing," Kelly said, criticizing the Sky report.

"I hope they would publish an apology. I can't believe they would publish a report like that without putting it through the basic fact check."

Kelly refused to say exactly when he had last spoken to al-Megrahi or how he knew he was alive.

Sky News said unidentified sources had told it that the bomber had reportedly died, but coverage of al-Megrahi then disappeared from the program.

Sky did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Lockerbie Bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi Not Dead, Says Lawyer

Reported on 10/21/09.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Someone336]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Reports circulated at the end of October that he died, but his lawyer and brother denied the reports, and they were never confirmed by the UK or Libya. As for him being missing, is ANYBODY surprised?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Nope he is definatly NOT dead.

"Megrahi was freed on compassionate grounds by the Scottish government on 20 August 2009 after doctors reported that he had terminal prostate cancer and had less than three months to live.[3] When he survived beyond the three months prognosis, an American senator called for him to be returned to jail in Scotland.[4]

Now five months after the prognosis, Megrahi has been released from the hospital and is now living at his family’s villa.[5][6]"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There are lots of stories on the internet saying he is not dead. So perhaps you are correct, but I bet that he will be dead soon. He was released with only months to live wasn't he?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Taqiyya=he's not dead. These guys claim to be dead and then have facial plastic surgery and reposition themselves in other places. Very common practice.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Fears over the whereabouts of the Lockerbie bomber have been put to rest after British officials spoke to him at his home in Tripoli.

source

They found him, .........at home.

Now that's just pathetic. Good job keeping track of him indeed.

[edit on 12/16/2009 by tribewilder]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hidden In Plain Sight

reply to post by tribewilder

At home? HOME?

How sinister! This guy is obviously up to no good.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Right! At home all the time. Wanna bet? I'll also take odds that he's not as sick as he claims to be. To me Charles Manson has more credability than the Libyan Government. I'm just trying to figure out who profits by sweeping the Lockerbie bombing under the rug?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah, who else is at home with him? And is there a training camp in his backyard? No doubt he is mastermining from a comfy location. Good, let them use WMD. Bring it.

top topics

join