It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone heard anything about resurrecting someone from the dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
[edit on 11-7-2005 by bubble boy]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There have been accounts of people being revived medically more than three hours after death.

I haven't heard of long dead individuals actually being resurrected from the grave, if that's what you're looking for.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Not really.

Why would you want to??

If it could happen, I doubt the tools arent available to humans to do it plus you'd have to be a powerhouse in ritual magicks or be a higher being/descendant of.

When I think resurrection, I think conjuring, not bringing a physical being back but Im sure ATS has some tidbits for you to follow. They always do or call you nuts and to get over it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
yeah thats what i was talking about. i know that people have been revived before like that, but thats not what i was looking for.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i wasnt really thinking about magick or something like that. i dont know anything about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ok Im confused.

Not hard, its 4:48 am where I am.

In what way did you mean then, you gotta give us more than that if you want discussion or commentary.

EDIT

[edit on 11-7-2005 by DragonflyKingdom]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Indeed you are being pretty vague with your posts

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
dragonfly kingdoms right. its just too late. ill explain tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You are being a little vague. Are you looking to bring someone or something back from the dead?

Have you seen Pet Semetary?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
One also wonders...

Is this asking about reanimation of a body? Or a soul?

Both?

Neither?

A board scratches it's head, and awaits clarification

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Most likely he's talking about reanimation.

Looks like we're going to have a "Resident Evil" on our hands.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Most likely he's talking about reanimation.

Looks like we're going to have a "Resident Evil" on our hands.

I'll be sure to wash my hands then. I don't like powdery residue

Sorry, sorry.

Back to serious mode.

Ahem.

Reanimation as in.... zombie-like tricks? As in certain poisons being used by certain cultures?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I hope you aren't using peoples' knowledge to create some undead horde of flesh eating zombies. Are you, BubbleBoy?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Because the use of curare is actually quite fascinating to me, I have a heapload of info on the entire concept of "Zombification Via Curare". So to speak.

To wit...

"From studying the medical literature on tetrodotoxin poisoning, Davis discovered that if a victim survives the first few hours of the poisoning, he is likely to recover fully from the ordeal. The subject simply revives spontaneously. But zombies remain without will, in a trance-like state, a condition vodounists attribute to the power of the priest. Davis thinks it possible that the psychological trauma of zombification may be augmented by Datura or some other drug; he thinks zombies may be fed a Datura paste that accentuates their disorientation. Still, he puts the material basis of zombification in perspective: “Tetrodotoxin and Datura are only templates on which cultural forces and beliefs may be amplified a thousand times.”

original page here

Fascinating stuff. though Davis' work is often considered "suspect" in terms of veracity.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
it was just because ive heard of something that scientists have discovered that does something with the blood cells and it brings you back to life. now, of course i have no idea what im talking about, but i heard that the scientists have actually done it with dogs.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubble boy
it was just because ive heard of something that scientists have discovered that does something with the blood cells and it brings you back to life. now, of course i have no idea what im talking about, but i heard that the scientists have actually done it with dogs.

Any clues as to what? Where? Which scientists?

Was it on TV?

Newspaper? Magazine? Online?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And yes, it can be done from DNA contained in blood samples.

I have a personal gene bank of all my loved ones.

I began DNA banking in 1996. All you need are some lancets and a dry, safe place to store the samples. Ideally, cryogenically; practically, in a safe deposit box.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a) Resurrection isn't the same as cloning...by any stretch.

b) Yes, I'm sure you do.

c) Are you Raelian, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tinkleflower, resurrection in the Biblical sense is exactly the same as cloning. In Ezekiel's vision, he saw the bones brought back to life. Eve was constructed- from Adam's rib. I am not Raelian, I am Cherokee. I worked on the Human Genome Initiative back in the 1990's, and I saw immediately how our Ancestor's emphasis on preservation of the body, identification of the dead and so on make perfect sense in light of resurrection technology (cloning).

I was working on this long before Rael ever spewed his first lie- er, vision.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I do apologise for how that post might have sounded flippant; but with so many claims being made about cloning and the techniques/methods therein, it's difficult to be anything less than cynical.

Interestingly, I've also been involved with cloning issues since the 90s. However, I believe the poster was originally referring to something other than the Biblical sense; however, he's not yet posted any additional information.

Fwiw, DNA samples should be kept in refrigeration as long as possible; it will degrade over time, though blood isn't the only option either.

One also wonders though, if it's possible to clone a "person complete with a soul" from part of the body. Where does the soul reside? If it's within cellular matter, why can we not measure or quantify it? How do we know either way?

And if multiple clones were to be made - what then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join