It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warnings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Noticed them lately...and while the meaning seems clear enough....as it's new, what exactly is the criteria, and why do we (as members) see it? (as it's a mod tool)

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
you kno wthe regular stuff talk bad bout the staff, blow ur nose, or just go look at another conspiracy site. But really if u violate any of the TOS is when you are warned

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Here is the original thread where William explained the warn feature.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One reason I think members can view them is because they dont look so good next to your name and that hopefully will discourage flaming and meaningless posts.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Question: Some us, last night/early am, noticed that the member 'drunk' had a warn with a purple box around it....whats the significance of that?
Thank you

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 30-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The significance is your forgetful IT director forgetting to add code that gives image links a border. New warnings now contain a link to the offending post.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks William for the response.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
The significance is your forgetful IT director forgetting to add code that gives image links a border. New warnings now contain a link to the offending post.

I think that the link attachment is a great idea. That will further keep tabs on those who abuse and it will further dicourage those that do. Good move William

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It has been 72 hours and my warning has still not gone away. Any help would be helpful

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Apparently you miscalculated the 72 hours. I was about to respond, after seeing your warning in another thread, then saw that it was gone here.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think there might of been a problem with my computer. Also I would post and on the main forum page it would not say that I had made the last post. It is working now, after I logged out and reconected.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As long as the warnings are given in favour of the majority, it doesn't matter.

I see the TOS as being in favour of the majority.

If the system isn't being abused, the only reason why anyone would get a warning is because they have upset the balance of the forum.

It's like real life - The majority just wants to get along with each other and find the truth. But there are always a few extremists who try and mess it up for the majority.
They upset the balance. Put a warning by their name and you can see that they lean too far to one side.

You need to stay in the middle, dudes.

new topics

top topics

join