It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious polio-like illness affects kids in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They believe there are 25 cases in California along with other cases being reported in Australia and Asia. The Doctor wants to get the word out so parents can be on the look out for the symptoms.

A mysterious polio-like syndrome has affected as many as 25 California children, leaving them with paralyzed limbs and little hope of recovery.

"What's we're seeing now is bad. The best-case scenario is complete loss of one limb, the worst is all four limbs, with respiratory insufficiency, as well. It's like the old polio," said Keith Van Haren, a pediatric neurologist at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto, Calif.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Well, that certainly is troubling.

A next door neighbor when I was a child was a victim of polio. I realize that they stress that this isn't polio... but let's face it, it has similar effects and it is suspected that it is caused by a virus from the same family of viruses that cause polio.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yep, I remember the neighbour girls both got it.....we were some shook up....it was all crippled kids and iron lungs back then......I will be watching this one......

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

join