It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So almost corporate Valentines day on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Soooo how many single ladies like badgers for starters? And nextly if you want to send a Valentine to anyone on ats this is the place to do it! My question is why is it so damn hard to find a lady and when you do it happens to be right around the most awkward time to meet a decent lady and when you do meet said girl wtf do you do to stay interesting until after the awkward time? Any answers I'd be interested.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Good god, I've been married nearly 20 years and have no clue what dating is like now... The only advice I can give you is that once you find her you'll know. Just make sure she feels the same way.
Oh! And remember, one and one make two. She's not your better half, she makes you want to be better.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Hell never meet a girl right before v corporate day eveeeer, shes a bit younger too im 28 shes like 22

We need an ATS date night for sure it has to happen
edit on 5-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I was married for almost ten years. Had my heart put through the wringer and haven't seen my kids in 3 years.

Dating is like a whole 'nother planet at this point.

Plus, women scare me now.

Kallisti

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
lol, this would be the last place i'd look for an intimate connection.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Just make the face your avatar is making. I'm 2.57% sure it'll work.

Another way to break the ice is just get slightly buzzed then use some manly scent and have someone drive you there or take a cab. You'd be more relaxed if not anything else (YMMV). Just don't over do it, or drive anywhere.

Actually, you should just carry a BOB casually on your back for conversation, a big one, like a rucksack. I'm sure you'll be the talk of the night, all night. Don't forget to make an announcement to the entire crowd about how 911 was an inside job.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Brotherman
wtf do you do to stay interesting until after the awkward time?

Communicate. Just friggin' communicate. It's not only a lost art, but you will never get out of the 'awkward time' without it.
Unless of course, they find you uninteresting. Which apparently does happen.

Also, Valentine's Day is rather lame. I personally don't 'celebrate' it. It is consumerism bent, and flowers and candy doesn't prove you give a crap about anyone. Those little things should be done spontaneously any day of the year if one has a feeling to do them.

Jarring said:

Serious word. The thought of it is rather funny. Sad, but funny too.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Dude, just be bold, and be yourself. Be a yourself that is bold, and has confidence. But not too much, and don't be snobby.

Just ask her out seriously, like, a really super nice dinner at a nice restaurant, somewhere she would feel comfortable.

However, if this is an impossibility, then call her on the phone, and have nice conversations. If you met her on ATS, you can always talk about ATS topics that are new for any lull in the conversation.

PS. My husband says girls like awkward, they think its cute, so just continue to be awkward.

As you know, I met husband on ATS. We have been married 15 months now, and its been great! Our courtship as it were, was talking on the phone and stuff. Just be you, if she likes you or falls in love with you, its best if she is falling in love with who you really are, not just someone you would like to be.

My husband and I were always open and honest and upfront about everything, and we fell in love with who we really were, not any kind of persona, so definitely keep this in mind.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

kx12x

Just make the face your avatar is making. I'm 2.57% sure it'll work.

Another way to break the ice is just get slightly buzzed then use some manly scent and have someone drive you there or take a cab. You'd be more relaxed if not anything else (YMMV). Just don't over do it, or drive anywhere.

Actually, you should just carry a BOB casually on your back for conversation, a big one, like a rucksack. I'm sure you'll be the talk of the night, all night. Don't forget to make an announcement to the entire crowd about how 911 was an inside job.

Obviously its a face only a mother could love when I do it for sure lol

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To be clear when I mentioned ATS date night, I was thinking more along the lines of a skype thing where people go on a date and come to ats to talk about how awkward it was but there has to be rules like on first date did you A talk about aliens? B talk about mind control, etc etc and how was it taken lol

The lady I met seems to like a guy with a scruffy face and messy ass hair that is always disgruntled and disheveled that drives a big ass turbo diesel with a Lincoln welder on the rig. It is awkward she is so nice and sweet while I'm not exactly the take you home to meet mom and dad kind of material. I was a long time US Marine and have lots of tattoos and don't exactly look like I play around too much but to be honest I'm a pretty like-able guy when I'm not making a weld.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

An ATS Valentines

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm ready for the Apocalypse,
How about you?

I've been married so long that I think Taft was president when we were dating. If you want to call it that. We knew, right away. You'll know too.

There is "chemistry".

Fate.

Kismet.

Call it whatever you want, it's there. Right now, your future bride is probably complaining to her friends that she'll never find a guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StarlightNine

The awkward part is meeting someone right before Valentines day, I'm an ass-o I won't buy nothing because I just met the lady but at the same time shes a waitress and is talking about how sweet it is with the couples that come in and she waits on it makes me feel awkward. Me and her did have the alien discussion though so thats kind of rad and she thinks its sweet I paint things for charity even though at first she thought I was just another construction jerk checking her out

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your probably right then again my friends and I have 2 things that get thrown around the garage;

"If it ain't 280 it isn't a lady."

And

"Brotherman do it like me I'm happily married why do you think I'm in your garage? Look Bro if you aim for the ground you can't miss, know what I'm saying bro?"

LOL

Love you BeeZZ

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Brotherman

The awkward part is meeting someone right before Valentines day, I'm an ass-o I won't buy nothing because I just met the lady but at the same time shes a waitress and is talking about how sweet it is with the couples that come in and she waits on it makes me feel awkward. Me and her did have the alien discussion though so thats kind of rad and she thinks its sweet I paint things for charity even though at first she thought I was just another construction jerk checking her out

Ah, I see. Also awkward perhaps right before a major holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving, yes.

I don't know if someone would expect such special treats having just met someone? I can't speak of course, for most ladies, as I tend to lean away from material displays of affection.

Not saying I dislike gifts. Only that communication and attention is far more valuable in my opinion.

You sound a little sweet on her, Jarhead. See where it goes!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Hey like I tell her sleep safe, sleep with a Marine. She hasn't bought it yet but this old devil dog is in it for the long haul if made possible lol. It really isn't about all that though, ive been through a lot of testing times since being back in emerika really haven't dated much since to be honest hell lost a fiancee because of what I did during the war she wasn't exactly a fan of my job and enthusism about it. It is certainly different to genuinly like someone but also a bit IDK how to say strange and new again now that it isn't like before. IDK I'm just a dumb grunt lol

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ATS date night sounds scary. Love among the battlefields! What are the chances of finding a crazy person?

I wouldn't participate but.... if I did I could imagine all sorts of haters hating on me.

That aside...badgers......ew (nothing personal).

ETA organised dating is weird.

ETA to answer your question, the things to say to women are probably just talking, like a normal conversation, chat up lines are always suspect. When there's chemistry she will know.

Obviously Valentines day is mostly a corporate entrapment but the very sound of 'Corporate Valentines' makes it sound so like an enforced thing like 'dress down Friday' or 'secret Santa' and we all know how awkward those things can be!
edit on 6-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

your effin hell you know it bro (or lady) lol secret santa your whole post me me damn near spill a special swill on my keyboard I wish I could star you twice hahahahhahahahha

Badgers are beautiful BTW
edit on 6-2-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Brotherman

Really you just met so if she is somewhat normal she shouldn't expect too much if anything for this Vday. If you must do anything at all a simple dinner should be good and if you feel you must get her something a humorous friends Vday card (yes they do make them for friends) and maybe a small chocolatey treat. Now next year if you are still together is the time you will want to make abit of a fuss.

I find your situation pretty funny though. My little brother got dumped by his girl right around Thanksgiving. Well instead of just moving on like he normally would. He decided he wasn't dating any women until after Valentines day. Because he didn't want to worry about the whole gift giving mess for a girl he just met.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Jarring

Well, people have met and fallen in love on here.

top topics

join