It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover Conjoined Gray Whale Calves Dying Near West Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by flammadraco

Oh wow

This should be in the Japan forum. Do we know for sure it's from Fukushima? No. Do we know for sure it isn't? No. Should we assume it is? Yes.

So how many more two headed whales must wash ashore before the radiation deniers come to their senses? I fear this is just the beginning...
S&F

But why should we assume it is?

Right now there is no proof of it. These things happen, and they have always happened. No one can definitively say for certain one way or the other what caused it.

But making the assumption that is was Fukushima makes you look like one of the people of ancient times calling it an omen. Who knows? Maybe you are right. Or maybe, it is a sign, and while this is not caused by the radiation, the radiation will go on to be a huge disaster. Then, people will point back to this as an omen of things to come.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

cause if you don't assume, it will be too fuggin late. It's already too late. Anyone who sits on the fence while this disaster keeps going, can be and should be blamed for complacency that resulted in the destruction of our oceans.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder if the poor mother whale survived the birth???

The article said they were thought to be premature.
They were shorter than a full term baby whale.
Hopefully that helped her!
That still doesn't make up for 2 being born side-by-side at the same time!!!

Ooouuuch!!!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

This is terrible!
Something in the ocean is causing all these poor creatures to mutate/die.

I'm not sure whether it is indeed Fukushima, or something we yet have to discover, but I hope scientists will get to the bottom of this before it's too late.

I think this is Fukushima related...and here is why.

Gray Whale FACTS en.wikipedia.org...

Reproduction: The gestation period for gray whales is approximately 13 1⁄2 months.

Migration: Each October small groups of eastern gray whales in the eastern Pacific start a two- to three-month trip south. Beginning in the Bering and Chukchi seas and ending in the warm-water lagoons of Mexico's Baja peninsula and the southern Gulf of California, they travel along the west coast of Canada, the United States and Mexico.

By late December to early January, eastern grays begin to arrive in the calving lagoons of Baja.

Here is the map of migration with titles:

www.lasecomujeres.org...

Fukushima Fact www.livescience.com...
- March 11, 2011 earthquake (9.0) rocks the plant
- March 14, 2011 radiation leaks into the sea

Model of Leak

Fast forward to about 850 days (~2.5 years after disaster)....whales cross radioactive sea waters enroute to spawning grounds....

During this time when the fetus is developing and cells are rapidly multiplying, radiation is mutation the healthy cells and the baby is becoming deformed.

These conjoined whales were discovered on January 6, 2014! So it is right on schedule with migration and reproduction patterns.

Many sick and dying sea lions/pups, starfish and other sea life have been found along the Alaska/Canada/US Pacific Coast in 2013.

So now tell me....is it not possible this conjoined case of the gray whale is somehow related to Fukushima? I really think it is much related!

Thank you for reading my research everyone.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note and video

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thanks for your input and extra information and after reading this I'm more inclined to believe that it could have been caused by radiation.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thanks for your display of info.

After Chernobyl it is said that there was a rise in conjoined twins. One source explains,

A few years later an excess of conjoined twins (“Siamese twins”) was found. They found other nervous system problems, mainly microcephaly (tiny head) .. After 10 years of study they published a report showing an excess of frequency of anomalies of nervous system and of these conjoined twins.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I know everyone thinks Fukushima and 2 weeks ago I would have too. But lately I've been looking into supernovas. Reports focus on extinction level bursts - and totally ignore the rest of the scale. Still researching but I have a feeling we're being hit by something - not big enough to kill but definitely contributing to our radiation overload and resulting in protein and genetic mutations.

edit on 7/1/14 by soficrow because: add wds

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Throw this into the mix...

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

and this

www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

and add into that the actual material NOT from the reactors that were spread into the ocean by the tsunami itself. If the200,000 pounds of iron sulfate dumping mishap could do what it did.. what do we thing the tsunami washing who knows what chems into the ocean conveyor would do.

I think what we are seeing is a combination of MANY factors coming together that create fubar level event.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This is a very sad unnatural biological display. Its been felt sensed observed that Fukushima or oil/chem. mix in the Oceans has been considered as possible cause.

To prevent worry or distrust from the EA*RTH masses perhaps any future unnatural biological finds that may cause many to think Fukushima or other related should be taken to lab to be evaluated and tested for radioactive exposure of any kind or chemical exposure. This may help to find a more accurate truth related to these kind of unnatural biological finds. Has the carcass been disposed of already? If not some clues may be present within it to better clarify.

1 can imagine the compiled vibrations the sea creatures are sending off. It would be a logical way to hear or sense planetary SOS from planet inhabitants in distress. The responder(s)...

As of now 1 will remain optimistic that somehow nature and cosmic natural influences like SOL combined can connect and fix the synthetic issues lowering EA*RTHs vibes.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

ketsuko
So when we see two-headed anything these days, it's a sign? You know, people have been thinking that about malformed animals for thousands of years. The ancient Mesopotamian cultures called it Summa izbu, and had an elaborate system to interpret what the malformations meant. Isn't this sort of what you all are doing?

How about this - it's just a malformed animal birth. These things happen, and they are just as likely to happen to whales as they are to happen to any other living creature. The condition even has its own name, polycephaly, and this whale calf looks no different than the critters in those photos. Just because we've never seen one before doesn't mean this has never happened.

Exactly. Please. Everything of which you were previously unaware but which occurs in the Pacific and which "Doesn't feel right" to you is not automatically caused by Fukushima, which s the clear implication of this and so many other threads...
edit on 8-1-2014 by jaffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by ketsuko

cause if you don't assume, it will be too fuggin late. It's already too late. Anyone who sits on the fence while this disaster keeps going, can be and should be blamed for complacency that resulted in the destruction of our oceans.

Ok, so what else should be done?! It's not like --insert scary music here-- "the powers that be" are simply ignoring this and doing nothing while they hope it goes away. I mean seriously, if we all die, how the heck can they oppress us, lol? This could get very, very bad in a hurry but right now people are actually working to get this under control. Because they know that if they don't, it's game over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join