It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Not SUBJECTS (and Other Observations About Obamacare)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Well, that part is true. Of the people who supported Obamacare, most of them did because they thought they were going to get their health care paid for by someone else, someone rich.

But, that number never polled higher than 50%, although the generic free health care number always polls high.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
While I agree that the law was put in place in a lawful manner, a vote of the Congress and presidential signature, my problem comes with the first "waivers" handed out, making some folks more special than others. I'm not special enough to obtain a waiver so I'm commanded to buy a product from a marketplace that has a questionable reputation at best.
What can I do about it?
I'm not buying.
The only thing that kept me giving those leeches my money each year was the "prior illness" clause. That's gone and so am I.
If I get sick, I'll find insurance.
My former insurance agent assures me I won't have any trouble. He understands my position completely. He's an honest man making an honest, well-paid living. (I wouldn't have his job if you dipped it in chocolate and put it on a stick---especially right now!)
I understand I'll be "fined" for this criminal act I'm committing. I will pay the fine and lodge my protest against my fine and the law which made me a criminal for something I didn't do. My representatives' hear from me on a regular basis.
For me it comes down to money and fun. Having no money is no fun. Paying the insurance company nearly $10k/yr seriously cuts into my "fun" money, the money I worked hard for, paid taxes on and put away for a rainy day vacation.
I've heard/seen the news reports saying that this law has "taken over 7% of the US economy" but I found an observation made by a fellow in a discussion recently more enlightening. He had done a survey among his co-workers after their health insurance info packets were distributed. "This law may have taken over only 7% of the economy overall but for us working stiffs it's consuming anywhere from 25-30% of our disposable income. Most of us are now paying more for our health insurance than for our homes." was his observation.
My course of action is not for everyone. I've been an activist of some sort since I was 16 years old, winning some and crashing in flames sometimes but always doing whatever is possible to avoid bowing down to the "little tin god."

new topics

<< 1   >>

join