It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Homeland Security Ignoring US/Mexico Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This has been a problem for a long time now. Before the election neither candidate would touch the US/Mexico Border problems like the 1500 illegals entering the US/Mexico Border everyday. Now that the elctions are over i was hoping that the next administration would take this issue seriously and work to fix the problem. The problem isn't Mexicans coming over a much as people from other countries using the US/Mexican Border as an illegal entry point.

--------------------
It is not about illegal immigration. It's about terrorism, the safety of our southern border and a lack of critical resources forcing the government to release people into our communities.

Every day, immigrants illegally run across our southern border unchecked. Homeland Security officials are not as concerned with the ones from Mexico as they are with the ones who may be hidden within other groups -- the ones our government refers to as OTMs, known as Other Than Mexicans, such as people from Central and South America, and countries like Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran. Nationwide, our government has lost track of 400,000 of these OTMs.

"At a time when we're so concerned with terrorism in our country, we don't know who is coming into our country. We don't know. We don't know. We don't know who these people are," Jernigan said.

"If Homeland Security is important, then this should stop immediately," said Pepe Aranda, Maverick County judge.
www.click2houston.com...
--------------------------

Something has to be done to protect America and Americans. If Russians are crossing then i have to assume terrorist are crossing aswell. America is at war and the terrorist will do anything to kill Americans.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Im very suprised we havent done something more aggressive about this. I actually think its the American people who have partially failed here. We need to get very loud about this and FORCE our government to act. I cant imagine anything but an overwhelming majority would be for aggressive changes at our borders.

Ill say it: We need a big, thick wall the entire length of the border. With lots of guard dogs and guns. Sorry if that bothers some bleeding hearts, but I dont want my family getting blown up by somebody who casually walked accross our borders unchecked.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Although I am getting a bit jaded on this issue, I will chime in anyway.
We need to increase the pay rate and add incentives simular to the military to our border patrol. If a campaign was to be done right, then who knows..
I suppose things could be buffered with a fraction or so of our military forces particularly MP's until BP recruitment increases in a proportionate manner.
Failing that, then perhaps more extreme measures could be speculated upon.
Unfortionately I have yet to hear of something simular to the above at all...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
I suppose things could be buffered with a fraction or so of our military forces particularly MP's until BP recruitment increases in a proportionate manner.

Something needs to be done, maybe it is Americans fault for not making this an issue. Living in Houston I am way too close to the border and i feel that is a serious threat to the security of this country.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, if Badnarik would have been able to become known to the American public, maybe that would have helped...as he was the only presidential candidate to address the problem, as well as provide a viable solution.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
YUP.

Next Question

*Misread Title and first said Nope

[edit on 18-11-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
While they are lax in the enforcement of these borders as evidenced by the escape of Azzam the American out of the US after a warrent came out.
I heard there where new electronic devices being installed to advance the technical advantage to seal the borders, That yes is a minor step but not a big one, but a step to make a mends all the same. They will seal the border back up , to aacceptable conditions but warn as I do don't expect the human intelligence and determination to be defeated, if a system can be devised someone else will quickly devise a countermeasure. The borders are like a slow leak in a ship they are expected and will happen, that's why they put in secondary stop measures and run them all the time, a bilge pump so to speak.

The boarders will never be secure to all penetration, we need to improve the bilge pump, and the jobs for illegals is not the way to cut money lost to non-citizens, just a way to keep from taking from the goverment in that they are looking out for the goverments best intrest not the peoples.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Perhaps our government does not see any problem with our border and it does not seem to feel that we are in danger from people crosing.

Funny.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here we go again....Homeland security isnt ever going to do anything about aliens walking into our land because their serve a better purpose.
We can have terror threats better this way, and we take other precausions here anyway. Things like cavity searching old ladies at airports are so much more fun, ladies with babies at airports are a threat also...The whole purpose is to put Americans out, isnt it? Leave those coming here thru our porous borders alone!

And lets not forget the fun new Xray technology that lets 'em see you naked! fun!

[edit on 18-11-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
dgtempe

Whao, you make sound so kinky I rather travel by car for now on.

Unless I decide to have some fun

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Short answer: No.

Next question: are they ignoring the Canadian Border?

Why are you using NAZI imagery in your Avatar, Dr. Bryan?

Edit: oops, didn't see it was GW

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Short answer: No.

Next question: are they ignoring the Canadian Border?

Why are you using NAZI imagery in your Avatar, Dr. Bryan?

Edit: oops, didn't see it was GW

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Chakotay]

yeah old GW family album photo , his dads ressembles napoleon got it too

[edit on 18/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dgtempe you can't be serious! Keep the citizens in? Can you explain your position in more detail?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Dgtempe you can't be serious! Keep the citizens in? Can you explain your position in more detail?

They can't even keep US citizens in they know they are looking for IE again
Azzam the American a US citizens on terrorists wanted and watch list,.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

the point i was trying to make is they're not protecting our borders so they can pick on those of us who like to board airplanes to see our family and try to have a normal American life. They make a fuss with the citizens while the borders go unchecked. They dont go to the source:borders, this way they have their backdrop of terror anytime they want it. Plain & simple.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The molestation of the average plane rider needs to happen or the Anti American Civil Liberties Union will screamRACIAL PROFILING!

Also the government knows the borders are a problem but confronting the issue doesn't get you votes. Of course that is what politicians love most so not until the voters see the immigration issue as a problem and start giving their votes to the politician who will fix the problem will the problem be fixed.

whew that's a lot of problems!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The molestation of the average plane rider needs to happen or the Anti American Civil Liberties Union will screamRACIAL PROFILING!

Also the government knows the borders are a problem but confronting the issue doesn't get you votes.

Well said, the American people don't see illegals as a problem but all it takes is one of them to take many American lives.

I hope your not right Doc, i hope the US government isn't keeping terrorism around to secure votes. IF that is true and it gets out, the Party responsible would be in some deep sh**.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Fools,

It would cost the US government billions to fully secure the mexico border fully preventing illegal aliens from entering the country. Which also results in billions of dollars lost to big republican type corporations capitalizing off cheap labor.

top topics

join