It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Democrats Using Racist Stereotypes Against Condoleezza Rice?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The third cartoon is racist. She is depicted as a slave. the first two i dont have a problem with.
if Bush were depicted as a redneck incapable of intelligent speech with a few missing teeth would it be racist? i think so...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Racism will never be eliminated until we can look at a human being without taking into account their skin color in any way more than the color of the shirt they are wearing. Just about every poster here is probably racist in one way or another, whether they admit it or not. I have seen posts stating how great it is that the Bush administration has such a diverse cabinet, to me, it is like saying how great it is MacDonalds hires retarded people, they are not appointed on merit, but the way light reflects off their skin. IMO, there should be no affirmative action, "hate" crimes (any crime regardless of motive is a hate crime), intentional racially unbalanced colleges or college funds, etc. as these things imply that we are different, and that will keep racism alive and well. I think all (financially) lower class citizens should have access to college funds, as there are plenty of poor white people too. And yes, there is a reverse racism present in America, and it seems to be completely acceptable to many. How many black stand up comics can anybody list that don't base their acts almost exclusively on the differences between black and white people, making fun of our flat butts, goose-like voices, and our disability to dance or jump, etc. If a white comic were to base his/her act on making fun of black people, at the very least their career would be over, if they even made it out of the parking lot. Racism is alive and well in this country, and it is just as strong as ever, it has just evolved and taken different forms, but it is not in any danger of becoming extinct. The irony that exists in this thread is, the author likely could give a rat's a$$ about the implied racism of these cartoons, and only cares about using this as a political tool against liberals. Ever watched Bugs Bunny cartoons, whenever somebody was shot in the face with Elmer's gun, that was racist, or the little African dude with the huge lips and the bone in his hair, so Mel Blanc must have been racist, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
if Bush were depicted as a redneck incapable of intelligent speech with a few missing teeth would it be racist? i think so...

except for the missing teeth it would just be accurate, HAHA!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't think the cartoons were the original point. I think they were for example. Are Democrats using racial stereotypes? Sure they are. I can't recall ever seeing the party in such a tizzy! They can't seem to accept that they have lost whatever power they once had. The far left knows its about to get the boot right where it counts. Mainstream Democrats now seem to be openly distancing themselves from the radical wing of their party. When a Coyote gets caught in a trap it will chew its own leg off to save itself. The Donkey is now caught in a trap of its own making. The moderates sat back and said nothing as the crazies took over their party (my party) and now are paying for that. Resort to racial slurs to get even with Mr. Bush for winning? I don't think there is anything these folks won't do to get a taste of power. You all know we are to stupid to vote don't you? No! Then how does someone like Kerry get even one vote? Because we are all sheep and are more than willing to follow the lamb in front of us to slaughter. We the people lost control many moons ago. In the same way the Democrats turned the blacks against the Repulicans to gain their vote; the Republicans will now attempt to do the same. Unless everyone slept through US history; you know which party championed the black cause. I was not the Democrat's. You can rewrite history any way you want if you can find a willing publisher and liberal teacher willing to knowingly teach us lies for our own good. Those southern fellows in marching in white hoods during the 50's and the 60's were "Good Ole Boys". Good Ole Boys did not belong to the Republican party. The good ole boys in congress voted allmost unanamously against civil rights. In fact, they had screaming fits over it. Were it not for the Republicans and the aid of one right leaning Democrat named JFK (who was shot for his trouble) equal rights under the law may have been delayed for decades more. I don't think it matters any more which party we belong to. What matters is what we are inside.

I've ranted long enough.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ok, for you bushies, ever even heard of Oprah? The Color Purple is a great movie, and that is where the THIRD CARTOON COMES FROM! You people are obviously like Bush and can't read, just have someone edit it and read it to you. I swear, it isn't racist, it is from the COLOR PURPLE! Rent it, watch it, you will learn, or if you are Bush, rent it, have someone edit out the parts Bush won't like, and show the end credits.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It isn't racist when someone points out that Gonzales and Rice are unqualified for their new positions, it's the truth. If they were white they'd still be unqualified.

So the GOP have appointed more minorities under Bush than the Dems. Given the incredible lack of qualification to those positions that would appear to be "affirmative action", something the GOP boys have been ranting against for as long as I've followed US politics.

I remember Jesse Jackson making a run for the nomination.
Colin was invited but turned it down. The last four years have probably destroyed his chances at the top job.

Colin Powell was a man perfectly suited to counsel a President on the dangers of war, he's been there. Twice. What has Condi done? Way to go George, destroy the man with the biggest stature in Washington and replace him with...a talking parrot.

A PHD by 25, impressive. I am, actually, impressed. Performance as National Security Advisor to the POTUSA, that leaves me cold. "We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud." WHAT smoking gun? What gun, smoking or not? What hidden factory to build smoking guns?

That's right up there with Bush saying what you don't want in a Commander-in-Chief is a man who jumps to conclusions, who doesn't let an investigation run its course. So Hans Blix had completed his investigation before you invaded Iraq, had he George?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The hatred and derision being poured on Dr. Rice does not diminish her stature at all.

It merely exposes the smallness of those from whom it comes.

At the end of the day, Condoleeza Rice can be proud of who she is. For her detractors, the choice is either false pride or legitimate shame.

America is watching all this, and America has a long memory.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Gee, maybe people are too thentitive to have blacks portrayed in political cartoons, where artists distort and modify and make charicatures. From now on, only white people can be charicturized in comic form so that no one gets a bleeding vagina about percieved racism.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
P)erhaps a better title should be " Are CARTOONISTS using racist stereotypes...." A few cartoons does not make an entire party racist, or even suggest an entire party is racist.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
unreal.

but the Republicans are the racists, right?

Bush nominated 2 blacks to the highest of political offices, and they are repeatedly ridiculed.

Colin Powell was called an "Uncle Tom".

The DNC knows if they ever lose the black vote, which they should, they are doomed. It is the DNC whoi wants to "keep the black man down", not the RNC.

Dems have their fare share of racists who dislike blacks as I have stated in posts on this message board before. However, the GOP is still the bigger of 2 evils. Come out here w/me to these "Red" states and ask these people (GOP voting base) what they think of me. Most, if you could get them to answer honestly, don't like my kind at all. The same ones who in their teens/20's lined the streets chanting "I don't go to school with 'n-word's," etc. Majority of these morons still like in the "Red" not the "Blue."

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join