It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oracle of Congona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's been about a year since I made this thread :

"Ancient Lost Temple Found - Possible Chavin Culture (Peru)".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well...., great news my friends. Nothing less than an oracle was found.

An oracle of the Chavin culture , which have more than 3000 years old , was found in the Andean region of Congona Cañaris district , province Ferreñafe , Lambayeque region .

After a month of patient work of excavation , archaeologists of the Unit Naylamp discovered the religious sanctuary , where our ancestors worshiped deities .

" It is a temple of the formative time where we discovered underground structure where priests and ancients did talk to the gods .

This allows us to understand the extent and the strong presence of architectural patterns Chavin culture , which extended up to 800 kilometers from its main center , "said archaeologist Walter Alva Alva .

He explained that after the discovery of two monoliths , cylindrical column-shaped and carved with typical feline iconography Chavin culture , was able to concentrate research in this Andean region located more than 3000 meters above sea level and eight hours city ​​.

" It is a sanctuary strategically located in the upper part of La Leche Valley . We're talking about perfectly shaped structures , which predicted the fate of the ancient inhabitants . It allows banish the myth that Chavin was very influential in its growth period throughout Peru , "he added .

The archaeologist said that after this finding, we hypothesized that each Lambayeque valley on the upper has a temple dedicated to the worship of water and fertility.

He said that this work was funded by the Cañariaco Mining Project and also allowed the participation of the community living in this area, now may be a major attraction for visitors.

Alva said now what comes after this important discovery is to seek the enhancement and make this part of the Andes tourist circuit of the Lambayeque region .

Source (with video) :

www.rpp.com.pe...

Source with Photos :

elcomercio.pe...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thanks for posting!
S&F!!

The Chavin first came to my attention when I was looking up on The Lanzón!!

The Lanzon and similar representations of many friezes looks very similar to the Vyali figures prominent in South Indian temple Architecture and Art.

Am at office, so I cant upload the pics of vyali or similar representations in Mesoamerican art/friezes.
Maybe later, in the evening when I am at home.!

Till then, Ciao!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What do they mean by oracle? It says their ancestors went to the temple to talk to the gods. Does that mean the god or gods or deities were the actual oracle? Or was there a special person like at Delphi who they would talk to and she would tell them the answer from the gods? Or maybe a special class of priests? Would any common citizen be able to access the oracle to ask it questions? Or was it even a q&a system? Maybe instead they just showed up and bestowed praises and gifts or sacrifices upon the god or oracle priest and then the oracle would give some kind of forecast based on what it deemed important or what it was capable of seeing?

Thank you for sharing bud!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

3n19m470
reply to post by Trueman

What do they mean by oracle? It says their ancestors went to the temple to talk to the gods. Does that mean the god or gods or deities were the actual oracle?
Thank you for sharing bud!

In the video, Walter Alva talks about underground structures used by the priests to "make the gods talk". I know that answer just brings more mystery to this discovery. Fascinating right?

I believe whatever happened in that temple, was something the rest of the people wasn't supposed to see, maybe that's why they used underground structures.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

coredrill
Thanks for posting!
S&F!!

The Chavin first came to my attention when I was looking up on The Lanzón!!

The Lanzon and similar representations of many friezes looks very similar to the Vyali figures prominent in South Indian temple Architecture and Art.

Am at office, so I cant upload the pics of vyali or similar representations in Mesoamerican art/friezes.
Maybe later, in the evening when I am at home.!

Till then, Ciao!

Interesting that you mentioned an indian temple. I believe some precolumbian cultures and indian/vedic culture have things in common. Let me share with you some related information from previous threads I did :

The Chavin Tello Obelisk and The Chavin Code

Ancient Concept of The Three Worlds - Realms.

new topics

top topics

join