It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Redfern: 'UFOs then and now'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

kanbanozaurus

mbkennel

Today, optical stealth. They "disappear" into thin air as an optical illusion.
edit on 11-10-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

About your optical stealth theory, I came across a commercial by a german car brand (won't tell which brand, but it s not hard to find),where they covered one of their car with flexible LED panels on a side, and shoot the surroundings from the opposite side with a famous HD camera. Then they screen on the LED panels what they shoot in order to make the car "invisible" or morphed into the environment. I wonder if the military got this technology, if yes, imagine how ahead they may be?...

There has been military interest since WW2.

en.wikipedia.org...

Probably best described as 'counterillumination'. I don't think it is effective at 10 yard but that is not the goal.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There is something about this article that kinda rings true.

If you think back to the 50's, 60's and 70's - we had major flaps - a famous flap was in 1973 - (SEE SITUATION RED-THE UFO SIEGE)
There were numerous unexplained cases of high strangeness in this particular period.

However, could it be, as technology progresses and we practically walk about with camera (phone) in hand - are 'they' merely hiding?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, for years and years the abductees and contactees have been going on about how the aliens were planting seeds and preparing us for some kind of eventual "happening" of some kind. Like putting sleeper agents in place for some reason, possibly leading up to an awakening, or a contact, or an invasion (depending how you think it might go down).

Or you could go along with somebody like Jacques Vallee, who seemed to think that the various "flaps" and waves in UFO sightings and encounters have the same statistical configuration you see in a teaching curve. Introduce a little advanced information, let the student ponder it and incorporate it into their breadth of knowledge, then come back when they're ready for more. Maybe we're just between lessons. Or our lessons are nearing an end.

Maybe all of the ground work is done now, and we're on the verge of "the thing" happening -- whatever it may be. All of the odd and clunky probes have been sent into our reality with their little fake spacemen, and now their job is done because enough of our minds are tuned in to accept a new reality and the ships and strange creatures from that other place will be able to properly manifest themselves and interact with us on our level.

Maybe that's it.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Not sure what Nick Redfern's actually saying. Seems to me like he made a comment people took exception to and he's back-pedalling a bit. People are still buzzed while in their cars. Things still shoot off at great speed. Sightings are not much different, in my opinion. Maybe the collectors of info back then focussed on the "classic flying saucer" over other stories. But I'm sure they had floating jellyfish too.

I thing you're actually more likely to witness a UFO than witness a car crashing. I've seen UFOs but never spotted a car crash, except on telly.

Maybe Nick's just a bit fed up? In the old days there few were dedicated researchers, in it for their own interest, taking careful notes and passing that info on. But you had to look for the info back then. Now everyone's at it, and there's mountains of information on sightings and experiences and it's all over the place. I think maybe we dismiss it because it's not so precious. I had a fantastic sighting ten years ago and called a couple of ufo researchers and was told just to "shove that on our site's message board". I was like "Nah, can't be bothered." How many other people are doing that?

Nothing is ever as good as the old days, but what we dismiss as UFO bumph all over the internet is probably quarter full of genuine gems. Awesome!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join