It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hello all. I've joined because discussion with friends and colleagues about things that interest me has reached a pinnacle so I'd like to widen my 'base'.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, not overly political, certainly not religious or spiritual, nor a believer that species beyond our planet have ever visited us. But I do like talking about these things and listening to the opinions and arguments of others – not to denigrate their ideas, but to understand and absorb other points of view.

My interests in any particular topic seem to be in a bigger sphere to what others (that I talk to) seem to be interested in, yet even the most favoured question of my 3-year old son; "Why?" seems to stop every conversation I have. It seems that there are people who are so ready – or so desperate – to 'believe' that it obscures their objective view on the matter, which has also encouraged my interest in psychology.

I look forward to getting involved and asking questions of my own.
Steve

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Lovely intro Steve. Good to see ya and welcome to the looney bin.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TerraLiga

Glad you joined and I hope you enjoy your stay here. And I sure remember when my boy asked me 'why' all the time.

Have some welcome cheesecake

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hello , welcome to the nut house . Pillows in the cupboard , beers in the fridge , welcome home

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hi Steve and Welcome to ATS !

Have fun !!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Welcome, Earthling!

So, you don't believe in us? Here... have a cup of coffee anyway.
When you have read more threads, you may have a different point of view.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanks all for the welcome, especially the cheesecake, which just has to be the best dessert the human race has ever produced!

Oh, and for the record, I definitely believe in life outside our solar system, I just don't think it's made it here yet, and possibly never will. But I'll argue that belief when eventually I'm able to start one of my own posts.

Hope to see you all in the forums somewhere!
Steve

top topics

join