It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Exceptionalism Exposed - The Hard To Swallow Truths

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Oh and a sorry about that passed BS world but I will accept NO payback for any of it. But if you want to fight globalists we would love the help.

I’ll be part of the welcoming committee for globalists.

They need some love, too….regardless what brain-bucket they wear.

Usurpers need to understand American Exceptionalism, too!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

what is American Exceptionalism??

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Itsseems to be Americans that think they are better or somehow superior to the rest of the world and have special gifts while rewritting history and facts to support this warped view

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that Info Heff and not surprising either.
What do all those charts you posted have in common?

The increase in the Prison Population
Economic and Personal Freedoms
Freedom of the Press
Human Rights
Quality of Living
Internet Freedom
Median Income

and So on

Governmental Policies set in place not by the common citizen of this nation, but by the moneyed elite interests
where Nationalism is no longer a priority in their eyes in their Globalist Neocon Vision. The Foreign Economic Policies, Patriot Act, NDAA, War on Drugs, Wall Street / Government Corruption are all the causes for the symptoms you have listed.

Give the Power of Governance back to the people of this country and not the few moneyed elite that select their puppets for us to pick from and the ship would start to change course. Otherwise, we will sink deeper in the direction were headed, the same as any other Third World Banana Republic, Monarch we escaped, or Dictatorship.

Unfortunately, EGO, Greed and Corruption by the moneyed elite as history is a witness to, will not allow the course to be changed, willingly. They control the ship with their policies and blame it on everyone else below them.

Nationalism is... First wave.

The globalization of business and finance by advancing Third Wave economies routinely punctures the national "sovereignty" the nationalists hold so dear..."

"The Third Wave... demassifies culture, values, and morality... There are more diverse religious belief systems."

"The Consitution of the United States needs to be reconsidered and altered... to create a whole new structure of government..."

The Tofflers say fundamentalist, biblical Christianity is "both dangerous and regressive." Beliefs in nationalism, patriotism, and an exclusive God, "give birth to violence or repression."

Only when these "Dark Age" menaces are swept away can "advanced wealth creation" by the elite be achieved. Newt Gingrich Mason, member of both the World Future Society and the Council on Foreign Relations, wrote the forward to Alvin and Heidi Toffler's Creating a New Civilization

Still, the true Patriot is not one that ignores these truths but acknowledges them and spreads the word, so that perhaps pressure can be applied to set it back on course with accordance to this nations founding principles.
edit on 25-8-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by g2v12

I don't mean to be rude, but frankly I see your brand of patriotism as rather despicable in obfuscating the deeper issues that eventually makes its full round hurting everyone.

Really? It worked for years. My "brand" of Patriotism was what our founding fathers put in place.
What part of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness is despicable?

You have your opinion, and as you said, "I dont mean to be rude", but your opinion is just that. An opinion that holds no bearing on what I believe, and millions of others believe in. Sorry.

Greed is unsustainable because in the end, everyone pays for it.

Greed isn't just an American thing. Its a human thing.

Once the US dollar finally collapses and you can't by fuel, purchase food or pay your water bill for a year, and you have no power to help your kids and grand kids, we'll see how ideal your great America is.

Sounds like you have deep animosity for America, and have had it for a long time. That's fine. Your not the first, or the last to feel this way. Don't worry about me. I will survive. Ive had everything taken away from me already in my life. Struggled, and fought back to get it back. You dont know what its like to be American. We always find a way.

Sounds like the same old nationalistic fervor rehash without the ugly history lesson. My forefathers came here in the mid 1600's and I have as much of a right to critique American values as you or anyone else. All that patriot BS you're puking is nothing but a piss poor excuse for racism, genocide and slavery. That's what makes your America great. Your pursuit of happiness is based on destroying fledgling democracies - life, liberty and hope all over the planet, by war and US corporations that suck them dry and contaminate their people and water supply with impunity, so that you can buy cheap and pay tax. Your dam right I'm upset, because the only path to success is to do right by everyone. The only way to do that is to look deeper into how we got here and where its going. The trouble with so-called patriotism is that its usually predicated on me-isms. In other words, as long I have what "I" want, the hell with everyone else. People like you need a good long lesson in Greek and Roman history, because buddy the refining fire of history is about to BURN and its going to be extremely ugly.

edit on 25-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by votan

Itsseems to be Americans that think they are better or somehow superior to the rest of the world and have special gifts while rewritting history and facts to support this warped view

"hear, hear"

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
To answer the three above posters all at once - who ask "What is American Exceptionalism", I offer the following answer...

It's the idea of America. Yes, it was born of blood, religious dogma, genocide, slavery, and a myriad of other negative things. But from all of that an idea began to sprout.... a land where it wouldn't matter who ones father was ( or so the theory went ) , but who you chose to be.

It's been a tough road and we aren't there yet. But the idea is still alive and is still largely unique to the US.

I would additionally add that American exceptionalism can be based in a claim that all nations can ( or should ) share... A pride in its people. Americans get bashed, incessantly - largely because our Government has turned into a poison headed hydra of stupidity. But most of the people here? Second to none ( Again, all nations should have this sort of pride in their citizenry ). I've met some amazing and absolutely inspirational people in this country and I strongly feel that they represent every facet of exceptionalism that I might find words to qualify.

Regardless of the current and abysmal state of things in the world, including here in the US, the dream is not dead. A dream worth dreaming... that all men are created equal and bestowed with certain inalienable rights... to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I think it is more about the Idea than the people.. in my opinion people are typically the same everywhere.

some people are born here and never take the idea to heart either because they are lazy , don't want to or don't get it.

I have seen people come here from different countries and just run with it leaving people born here in the dust.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Hot ,ugly,yeah I know that dance.I'm not better by biology, I haven't altered history I just believe and will spend my life if neccessary.
When MILLIONS believe it becomes reality,we MAKE IT UP on the fly and it works.Thats all we do.
If we collectively stop,now that would be ugly.

Watch the "Postman" if you don't get it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I found out about the big lie many years ago, when I went to live in another country for a couple of years.
Ended up stretching into more than twenty years, but in that time, I was surprised and sometimes traumatized to realize how very false the ideas about my country that I had been taught, were.

I don't intend to try to wake up my countrymen who are still buying it- I know how impossible that task can be. Even faced with evidence everyday, it took me a long time to let go of my denial- surely it never could have happened based on hearsay!

The original goal- of creating a society in which individual merit reigns- I think was a valid undertaking, and it was successful (as much as it could be).
But all systems reach a point of degeneration- you go through experiencing the positive benefits of it, and then the negative drawbacks.

Extremes eventually lead to their opposites anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Perhaps

An emotive call to action is often impressive, yet more often than not - futile.

So what do you propose that your fellow citizens do to reclaim the perceived freedom of the past??... to keep the tree of freedom alive??

In my humble opinion there are several things we could do to start the fires burning more brightly again.

1) Make an advanced education affordable once again. The for profit University system is failing us horribly and education is the key to success - today, tomorrow and individually and culturally. Education is the engine of prosperity.

2) Ban lobbying - outright.

3) Impose cumulative term limits on those who choose politics as a career. Service should not be the means to becoming wealthy.

4) Reinvigorate innovation through more ( or better purposed ) grants for research and the sciences.

5) Find ways to remind people that community is basically extended family. Create a culture with a bit less personal ego and a bit more compassion / interest in others.

6) Create a common sense set of laws that effectively regulate business practices and protect employees while also rewarding domestic production and innovations.

7) Have a reality based quorum and dialogue about what "minimum wage" means and what it should be. We are currently engaged in a service industry model that is doomed to fail because corporations aren't paying their employees enough enable them to be effective participants in the economic process. The equilibrium of economics in this country is totally out of whack right now and it's precariously close to toppling over.

8) Find common purpose. The space race is one example, the post 9/11 world is another ( though less positive ) of times when America managed to get focused and made things happen.

Just some off the top of my head ideas.

This is why we will fail, collectivism. America was not founded on "we", it was founded on ME. Anytime you put a "we" in something it will require more government. I have to agree with general chaos, that we have not been free for a long time, and short of something drastic, we will be full slaves in the near future.

People in the US cannot even own property, we are already serfs, tending the government land. To "turn this ship around" we would have to go back to the original constitution, and then make some changes to prevent future perversion. I somehow do not think the bankers will just let go of trillions of dollars, or whatever currency, without a complete war. If you really want to turn this country around, start with morality, and the nuclear family, thats a start.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by crazyewok

Thank you, but I ain't no fairy there my dear teddy bear.I read a post about how us old timers liked to oppress blacks by keeping them away from our nuclear family.
Funny how I saw all that nasty stuff on TV but it never filtered down to Albuquerque. I quess thats why I don't get and reject such behavior as a form of insanity.Skin is just skin if it's wearer wants to use it as a social weapon it's his failure. Not mine. That goes to my first childhood Mexican friend,a girl named Judy to my psycho Korean exwife (Don't marry a bargirl)
It is of course correct that an evil system is in play,it's another thing to undermine our ongoing efforts to clean it up by putting us down.The complex wall of laws and secrecy will be hard to crack but we are working on it to make the good stuff from the 50s real for all Americans and the world if they want it.
There are far more of us than them

Heh, it seems you are commenting on my post, cavtrooper.

I like how you completely eliminated the general context of the point i made, and just diluted and twisted it to an emotionally simple and infantile argument.

I said that although many people, especially people from that time, miss the old time's of America=n society because it was more pure and upstanding, society was still amoral and messed up because despite the average citizen maintaining upstanding morals and ethics, most didn't think or care to think of the organized oppression and racism against non-whites. Others preferred it. I apologize in advance if i'm jumping to accusations, but the fact that you took that one statement in my post, then twist it to me saying that i think that ALL people from that time kept blacks and other non- whites down by keeping them away from the nuclear family, effectively simplifying and distorting the point of the statement, along with the whole post, means that you are probably one not to give it any thought.

The fact that you also didn't bother addressing the other valid, and equally weighted points in my post, such as the perpetual invasion and mass murders done by this countries military, shows signs of denial, and selective rebuttal.

If you want to remember about the good times of the old days, fine. Sit in your slice of la-la-land. If you think that my post connotes me using skin color as a social weapon, when the discussion of race was only ONE of many equally important and dwelled on points in my posts that demonstrate that this American dream, this American idealism that people look up, is and always has been a skillfully sculpted and artfully painted wad of sh*t, continue to suck on your damn pacifier.

I look at the consistent evil done at all times throughout this country's history in the name of greed and power. America bashing? I nope. Just a young man deprogramming from the lies in his damn history books, and is a little pissed.

Enjoy the old times and what not...

The power was never with the people in this country, EVER. Its just in earlier times, TPTB had granted us a little more length on our collective collars, and slowly but surely, has yanked us back in. You think America was awesome for all these years, and then as of 08, started going down the drain. Nope, some just are not able to to see that things were going on a steady, downward path, when it already started on a downward path anyway.

Sorry, dude...missed out in some things
edit on 26-8-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sounds like the same old nationalistic fervor rehash without the ugly history lesson. My forefathers came here in the mid 1600's and I have as much of a right to critique American values as you or anyone else. All that patriot BS you're puking is nothing but a piss poor excuse for racism, genocide and slavery.

The SAME racism, genocide, and slavery that occurs WORLDWIDE!

None of these things were an "import" from America. It is you that needs a history lesson.

Boy, the finger sure does point, doesn't it......

BTW, I was clear you had an opinion.

That's what makes your America great. Your pursuit of happiness is based on destroying fledgling democracies - life, liberty and hope all over the planet, by war and US corporations that suck them dry and contaminate their people and water supply with impunity, so that you can buy cheap and pay tax. Your dam right I'm upset, because the only path to success is to do right by everyone. The only way to do that is to look deeper into how we got here and where its going. The trouble with so-called patriotism is that its usually predicated on me-isms. In other words, as long I have what "I" want, the hell with everyone else. People like you need a good long lesson in Greek and Roman history, because buddy the refining fire of history is about to BURN and its going to be extremely ugly.

Your rant can be seen from many here, and abroad. No one said the United States was perfect. We harp daily on ATS as to the stupidity of what we are seeing around us. I share many of your sentiments. Nobody is saying we are the blueprint for freedom. No where did I say it. I'm saying that regardless on what happens here, the WORLD is still a bad place, regardless on Americas faults. People are inherently evil. If you do not understand this, and wish to blame America for all its ills, you have that right.

I just think its wrong.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by g2v12

Hot ,ugly,yeah I know that dance.I'm not better by biology, I haven't altered history I just believe and will spend my life if neccessary.
When MILLIONS believe it becomes reality,we MAKE IT UP on the fly and it works.Thats all we do.
If we collectively stop,now that would be ugly.

Watch the "Postman" if you don't get it.

Your world view fits the scenario of the "Postman"? Pity humanity.

edit on 26-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Your rant can be seen from many here, and abroad. No one said the United States was perfect. We harp daily on ATS as to the stupidity of what we are seeing around us. I share many of your sentiments. Nobody is saying we are the blueprint for freedom. No where did I say it. I'm saying that regardless on what happens here, the WORLD is still a bad place, regardless on Americas faults. People are inherently evil. If you do not understand this, and wish to blame America for all its ills, you have that right.

I just think its wrong.

Peace.

I think that making lame excuses for past and present morality is another nail in the coffin, just like it is "everywhere else in the world". So, you see, your philosophy plays on both sides of the coin. All of the great nations and empires that came before America presumed their greatness in power, even as their economy and social status were slipping away before them. Sound familiar?

The accumulated history of human failure and the unfolding present dilemma are on the same time line. People are inherently good and well meaning. Americans have sufficiently demonstrated their ignorance and indolence, and have therefore willfully sacrificed their many blessings by omission and apathy. The people are so entrenched in egocentric self interest that they've lost touch with their executive representatives in Washington. Without holding them accountable, without representation - there is no more freedom. I've lived in Europe, Latin America and have had lasting relationships with intelligent folk from the far east and Middle East. Many of them see us as politically "dumb" in allowing a minority of inherently greedy business men to have most of the representation in Washington. Ninety percent of the laws are written to benefit business and the wealthy, while the rest of us incur the debt and expense upon our backs. My rant is also the rant of many others (much more educated and intelligent than I) who observe from the four corners of the world. Sadly, they understand more about what is happening in America than the American people do. That's why wherever I go in the world, we Americans are reputed as being stupid.

It's not too late you know. Americans don't have to sit and watch their freedoms being chipped away. Every politician could be voted out of office in the next fours years and a new referendum established. A strictly political, voter based revolution just might have a chance. Based on what I know about my American comrades, this will never happen. There will be no real motivation for change until the system is decimated by corruption and there is no choice but to eat it and live with it. In other words, too late. Once the dollar looses its value as a global trading currency, fifty percent of the wealth will disappear and your kids will awake in a cast system that guarantees they are either born into wealth or poverty. Your future will be in the hands of international bankers, who will collect your taxes to finance your unplayable debts.

The dollar is going to collapse because its being printed at the rate of billions-per-day, which continues to levy the national debt until it surpasses the GDP. The world's significant trading nations (i.e. Russia, China, Brazil and several oil rich Middle Eastern) have already begun substituting US currency for a pool of more stable currencies in international trading. Why? Because the dollar is going to BURN and these major trading partners are loosing big profits as the dollar sinks into oblivion.

Believe whatever you want and hope for the best. But the facts in reality never lie. I would suggest that you dig a deep hole in the back yard and store eighteen months of food supply so that your family doesn't starve before the new system of serfdom is established. This will happen literally overnight, after the dollar is gone. Anyone who doesn't see that coming is living in a fantasy world and will become just another hungry mouth to feed.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

That's how this country is run,that's how things get done and are changed. That's how battles are won.
We make it up.
As to my world view read my passed posts, I got a lot. Research is the best way to keeps one's feet out of ones mouth.
I am sick of all the "America is dying" children,cheering for a collapse.
I am aware of what wasn't right in the passed I more seek the good parts that were. Only a narrow minded idiot would actually think I advocated for all the negative aspects of life in the 50s.
But you did say you are young so you have been programmed by media and will find out for yourself.

We aren't going any where.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join