It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Democrats you can avoid hammering in the final nail in the coffin of the democratic party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Would be the nomination of Hillary Clinton as the presidential candidate in 2008.
I see a lot of democrats here and at other sites who sincerly believe that Hillary will run in 2008. If you truly support the democratic party and wish to see it survive I urge you to ensure this does not happen. While on the surface it may seem like a good idea a deeper look into the mattter in my opinion would show it to be disaterous. The reasons are many, for one Hillary is seen as an extremly liberal woman, and as I think this election has shown the further left the democrats move the less support they recieve from mainstream america. Second, to put it nicely, Hillary is not the popular woman in the south or in rural areas. A region which I might add was the deciding factor in this years election. Finally it will convince many non-alligned voters as well as many centrists that the democratic party has finally moved so far left as to leave them behind.
I may be a republican and I definately disagree with the democrats planks, but I recognise thaty we need you as much as you need us even if only to have someone to argue with.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The Democrats should - if they really want to regain power - take a page out of New Labour's book in the UK. It just doesn't pay to be too far to the Left...the whole Liberal experiment seems pretty well discredited.

The Demos would have won this time...IF they could have come up with a halfway decent candidate.

Hillary in 08 would undoubtedly hand the Republicans another 4 years! (It would be cool to have a woman, though - but definitely not that one...)

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If Karl Rove has anything to do with it, the Dems will forever be a limp appendage.
Broken, demoralized, unfunded, infiltrated
He has a dream...a marvelous dream
A one party state

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Can you imagine just how messed up this country would be with Hillary as President and Bill in charge of the UN? I think even the dumbest dem would know that Hillary would be a bad choice in 2008 if Bill was that high up in the UN...Too much power consolidated between the two of them. Heck, we would probably be the UN!!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I never thought I'd say this, but mwm1331, I completely agree with you.

Hillary would be the worst possible choice for the Dem nominee in *any* year. Not because she and Bill would have too much power, not because she's too liberal, not because she's the anti-Christ, but because she more than any other candidate would fire up the Republican base more than it already is.

Folks, if you think people voted "Not Kerry," just wait'll you see how many vote "Not Hillary."

FWIW, I love Hillary. She was a great president for 8 years; just think what she could do with 4 more....

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It has been stated and consistantly shown that Senator H. Clinton is a chameleon. She may a 'leaner' of the extreme left, but be sure of one thing: she will 'shed' the extremeness of the left for a more moderate stance, so as to enhance her chances of success in her bid for presidency in 2008. There is no doubt in this at all. Obviously, time will tell.

seekerof

join