It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Launch Rock!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by SpearMint

I'm not saying it wouldn't be fixed but then it becomes an inconvenience for the buyer, who could've just waited a little bit, had a larger selection of games, perhaps even a more stable machine, and dun dun dun a possible price drop.

Wow, just like all the points in the video.

Imagine THAT!

But still no real reason to not buy it at launch. There's a small chance there might be slight inconvenience, oh well, you take that chance with everything you buy, including later models. These consoles have/are going through extensive testing involving very heavy use for long periods of time to iron out potential problems, more so than any console in the past. They may be a small price drop after a year or so, I'd much rather enjoy the console for that year, not worth the wait. The consoles are already very cheap at launch considering the hardware, if there is a price drop it'll be small. As I said, no real points made, it's a load of crap.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No points were made and weren't crap your just stuck in your argument and desire a console at launch therefor a bit upset. If you gotta be the first kid on the block to have it, then go for it, its your cash, nobody cares.

But you trying to say the points made were invalid is just laughable.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

No points were made and weren't crap your just stuck in your argument and desire a console at launch therefor a bit upset. If you gotta be the first kid on the block to have it, then go for it, its your cash, nobody cares.

Can't decide if you genuinely thick, not paying attention to what I've said or are just stubborn. Either way, this is not worth my time, it's not like you'll make a difference by posting crap videos on ATS anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Cute.

Like I'm on some crusade to block console sales.

You're a bit silly, if not moronic.

All I wanted to do was share what I thought was a semi-cutesy video, and some how it apparently lit a fire under your ass. But it's cool, scurry along now.
edit on 9-8-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Can't decide if you genuinely thick, not paying attention to what I've said or are just stubborn. Either way, this is not worth my time, it's not like you'll make a difference by posting crap videos on ATS anyway.

Look Ive been in the front end of retail, and in higher levels of Video Game retail, And I am going to be 100% honest.

WE LOVE YOU, you are the customer that makes me get big bonuses, we will do everything in our power to keep you in that mind set you are saying.

And heres the thing, thats okay, I am like that too, Ive had every console at launch, why? Because I can afford it, and I have the connections still to get them at launch (I was a Sales rep for Microsoft)

BUT I can be intellectually honest with myself and KNOW that a smarter move would be to wait, and I did with the WII U, and guess what, they still haven't produced a game worth the console. Nintendos talking about price drops and such, so for me this one time it paid off.

I already pre-ordered and paid off my PS4, Why? because I like the method of distribution (disc vs licensing) Even though Xbox dropped, I think I am going to wait on getting the Xbox this time, NOT for any reason other than to wait and see how some of the cloud features are implemented.

There are several reasonable and valid reasons NOT to buy right off, as an early adopter I know all of them and routinely ignore them.

With any consumer product that is a completely new, re-engineered device its wise to wait to see how the build quality is.

Remember the bricking of the WII's at launch due to download error with system software? NO? well that was huge, we where getting returns left and right.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Back in the Nintendo era they used the cartridges, and the reason why they didnt break down then was mostely because cartridges are more reliable then cd or CD tech. But the bigger reason was that they had years and years to make the technology better, so your super NES or sega genesis never broke down and the games always worked.

But what about your original NES? That thing broke down and had its problems such as overheating if you left it on for hours and hours and cartridges were the same, and would barely work after a bunch of hours or time put into the game, after like 15 or so hours of playing the games they would have all kinds of glitches or you would have to blow into them to constantly clean them of dust or there copper pins would be striped and it would not register when you would put them in the console.

Personally my ps2 I went through 2 of them, but that was over a period of 8 years or more, and the first one broke after 4 or so years but i also dropped it a time or two, and it had stuff dropped on it by friends and kids and such. For what it was worth it lasted a long time, when I bought the second one the ps3 was just a few months out so I gave it to somebody eventually. But there were defective ones, and it all depended on a bunch of factors.

The only system which really pissed me off was the X-Box 360, the orginal X-Box was built like a tank I never had any problems with it. But the 360 was full of bugs and glitches and just crapy parts that it broke down constantly of all of the people I knew who bought one or I had on my friends list for all of them it had broken down at least once, some as much as 10 times or so. The first few 360 were just inferior and I think they pushed for it to come out before the ps3 and what you got just a mess, which was held together by the fact that there advertising and PR teams for it was stronger then then sonys.

My ps3 lasted a long time and I have no complains even thought they to break down, but it all depends on how you treat it or maintain it, if you keep it in a place were it gets heated up and never clean it of dust till it gathers or drop things on it, like anything else you will be having problems eventually.

But all the technical issues that were plaguing CD or blu ray consoles are pretty much fixed the same way that cartridge problems which were plaguing the original nes were fixed when the super nes came out. And to tell the truth there is nothing new in the tech of any of the consoles that are coming out, its all been out for some time, which in itself is a good thing because its not likely to break or be cheeped down like when they introduce a new tech. But its also a bad thing because there is really nothing new or all that spectacular about them. The ps4 and x-box one and all others are basically just PCs tuned for games only.

And for the PC heads out there, ya we know its a bit outdated, but then again we aren't dropping thousands of dollars on a new PC just so we can play a game which would be obsolete in months of which when any new games come out you would need to drop another $500 or more to update that graphic card and that's not including the ram and who knows what else.

In the end if your looking at games consoles are still the cheaper route and the more dependable route also. Personally when a new console comes out I look at what games are at launch and what games are months or weeks away and chose weather to buy it or not based on that. Sure the prices will be dropping but not for a year or more, and when they do they always like every console try to change up the architecture and tech in the box for the process of production cuts, so every time like with the ps3 or any other console that came out with a new version of the same thing mostly what was going on was cutting costs on the production process as the tech got cheaper or it was iterated in new ways.

But at the end a console is only as good as the games it has in it's library, so like I said look at the games if you think there worth it, then buy it, and if not, then not. End of story really.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I bought my ps2 at launch and was very happy with it for a while, but the advice is pretty sound really about buying at launch. The ps2 would run ps1 games, which I had a ton of, so games were not an issue and I didn't mind waiting for better ones to come out, had plenty to play with while I waited.

Other than that, any system that comes out new, I do wait of buying because of the problems mentioned in the video, mainly game library is not big enough unless it is backwards compatible. I stayed away from a ps3 because of price, and ended up with a 360 (have had 3 of them)

I think I did by a super nintendo right after they came out too, and that was a good system, just like the ps2.

Have a ps vita as well, but bought that used from my son with lots of stuff already loaded into it (ps1 games)

Anyways, love the video!
Personally I think it is sound advice.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

A load of crap?

I can't recall snes or genesis dying on me ever. Xbox ring of death? AYYEP.

The price doesn't usually drop after 6-12 months?

Or did that apple jab grab your goose?

My Xbox lasted for 6 years, then I decided to buy a slim one. RRoD was fixed for free, it was an accidental flaw that only existed in the first version of the console and it's a mistake that Microsoft and others learned from, the next consoles have undergone extensive testing to make sure flaws like this do not exist. All products drop in price because that's what hardware does, the consoles are actually sold below cost. So yes, it's a load of crap.
edit on 8-8-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

I have purchased three Xbox 360s. No RRoD, but really bad wear, like the optical drive failing.
I play like 50+ hours a week though, with a fulltime job.

edit on 9-8-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One of my aunts posted this video. I thought it was funny.

For the record, I bought my Xbox One on June 10th, from Microsoft. I better not wait for it, they promised release day delivery. This is the first time I am able to buy a console on launch day, so I am actually excited. I just hope it is close enough to Watch Dog's release date. I will be taking a week of vacation, hehe. Can't wait for the date announcement at gamescom. Better announce it at gamescom, the f@$#%ers ; )

I don't expect much trouble. Microsoft has put a lot of work into it. All the hardware was pretty much developed in-house. Each part was tweaked for power consumption, so there shouldn't be any heat issues. I really doubt we will see a repeat of the Xbox 360 horrors. One article I read says it is designed to be "on" for ten years, straight.

As far as games, they are pretty much right on. There are going to be a few good ones out of the gate, but the best ones aren't due until 2014. Even those are being developed for both generations, so don't expect anything truly next gen until like 2015. Mostly just better graphics and larger player counts.

It's going to be a great generation if cloud processing takes off. I am trying to put off going to PC for as long as I can.

And just to start an argument, Sony can bite my butt. I am sick of their negative marketing. Microsoft says, "here is our box and plan for next gen". Sony says, "we aren't doing what Microsoft is doing." Feels like a dirty political campaign. Just look at what they recently did about the DVR features. Since you will need a Plus account to play multiplayer, who isn't going to have a Plus account? But they jumped right out and said their DVR features don't require a plus account. Boo on negative marketing.

edit on 9-8-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

further more what do you expect reading YT comments, those are the toilet of the net.,

After reading you're reply's to the OP you both don't sound far from it....I mean bitching is the same

The two of you have gamer avatar's where is the love

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
PlayStation 4 US on sale: Gamers warn of BLUE SCREAMS OF DEATH
Players report early-gen glitches, Sony thrusts new firmware download

www.theregister.co.uk...

edit on 15-11-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Add the PS4PRO

All the VR headsets when they first came out to this list haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join