It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divorce - The next major Legal Challenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
With the victorious election of the Right Wing Christian paradigm and the impending legal battle to once again declare Abortion completely illegal in the United States, is it possible that the next logical battle would be to eliminate the system of Divorce as it too is countermanded in the very vows of union that are recited at the wedding ceremony?

Would this become a turn of events that would take the money out of the Divorce Lawyer's and Court's hands and place it back into the hands of Therapists, Marriage Couselors and the Clergy?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
give me one example of a major republican figure even mentioning the banning of divorce and i may give your theory credit. until then, i'd advise you to lay off this "right wing" thing. yeah bush is religious, and the republican party is more religious overall then the democratic party, but that doesn't mean all republicans are over-zealous religious people.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No, because divorce is acceptable to fundamentalist protestants. In fact, one of the reasons that Henry VIII created the Church of England( a protestant faith) was because the Roman catholic church wouldnt allow him to divorce his wife.
I would guess the next push will be to allow prayer in schools and to take evolution out. Followed shortly by legalizing witch burning and the death sentence for using the word "god" in vain... hehehe

[edit on 9-11-2004 by apw100]

new topics

join