It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweet and spicy bacon wrapped garlic bites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was graced with this recipe at work and felt like sharing because it's a hit at potlucks and works as an easy but delicious appetizer. You can scale down this recipe if you'd like I end up making big batches because they disappear.

*These are in no way healthy for you.

Ingredients:

3 packs of bacon (you can use turkey bacon however I've never used it)
3 Boxes of frozen garlic breadsticks (not raw dough the parbaked ones)
2 cups of Sugar
3 TBSP of Cayenne Pepper

Other needed items:
Wooden toothpicks
Aluminium foil (it will save you lots of cleanup time)

Directions:
Turn on the oven so it can start preheating to 350 deg. Cut the breadsticks into bite size pieces 4ths or 5ths works well. Wrap each chunk with bacon and pin in place with a toothpick, it's easily done if you cut each bacon slice in half. In a gallon size freezer bag or a bowl with a lid mix sugar and cayenne pepper. Pop a few bacon wrapped garlic bites in and shake so it's coated in the sugar pepper mix. Line 2-3 baking pans with foil and place the sugar coated bacon garlic bites on in rows, mine end up touching each other but if you'd rather space them out you can. Bake at 350 for 35-45 min until bacon is cooked, you can drain the grease from the pans partially in but the less you have in the pan the less grease you'll have to worry about. Let these cool for at least 3-5 minutes and enjoy! Cleanup is just throwing away/recycling the foil.

edit on 23-6-2013 by kittendaydreamer because: typo: wrong type of foil.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sounds awfully GOOD...this is a bacon household and I am sure my wife will be giving these a try...Thanks!

Mike

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com.......yum yum I love bacon...thanks for the recipe

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hope you enjoy, if you find any adaptations that are good let me know. I was thinking about trying to make it with brown sugar one of these days.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that with us, can't go wrong with bacon

I love trying out new recipes, especially when they're easy to make lol. Do you watch any cooking shows on YouTube or TV?

top topics

join