It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I freakin love this gun billboard (features Native Americans)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Don't know how I missed this post...sorry to chime in late, but...

I am a card-carrying Native Chickasaw, and I am proud of that billboard.

What I am not proud of is that old commercial that depicts a Native American crying because
somebody polluted his land....AS IF the rest of the Native American plight were inconsequential.

Massacres, forced relocation to unwanted land, persecution, bigotry, racial hatred....all that
doesn't matter...just don't be a litter bug or my people will be sad...

Oh...and let's cut the crap and let the Redskins football team keep their name. Much ado 'bout nuthin'

As an aside, I think if the Redskins were to change their name I think they should be called
"The Washington White-Skinned Blue-Eyed Devils from the East"....probably wouldn't fit on
the jersey though.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by okrian
reply to post by bbracken677

What surprises me most is that the pro-gun crowd is oddly siding with the native americans.

Just goes to show how unpopular the gun grab really is and has no chance. Like I said before, Native Americans are predominantly democrat, but when it comes to gun control, I think you'll find many democrats will agree with conservatives. This breaking news story out of Minnesota is evidence of that...even in liberal Minnesota, gun control legislation dies.

Gun control legislation likely dead at state capitol

Democratic leaders say they simply lacked the votes to push the bill through before the end of session.

"As far as I know, there was not Republican support for the bill, and a lot of the rural Democrats said they couldn't support it," said DFL Rep. Michael Paymar of St. Paul.

Paymar had been pushing for the legislation, including what he called the most recent "watered down" version that was making its way through the capitol.

"We took off the table the assault weapons ban. We took off the table the restrictions on high-capacity magazines. And all we centered on, is this idea that you should have a background check if you're going to purchase a handgun or semi-automatic weapon," Paymar said.

Even background checks failed to muster enough support!

The article then states that Paymer claimed polls suggest most support it, but are these polls even believable. Probably not. Liberal media cooking the polls!

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Also, this billboard is appropriate because it sends a clear message on behalf of Native Americans

That is PRECISELY WHY it is INAPPROPRIATE...Because THE BILLBOARD SPONSORS ARE ANONYMOUS...and most likely are the NRA....Using Native Americans as a prop, like a mascot at a Redskins Game, but worse.

It does NOT speak on behalf of Native Americans...it speaks on behalf of whatever cowards refuse to claim the billboard.

Crying much?

The simple truth is.......is their truth to the billboard?

Yes, yes there is. That must be the thing that is so offensive to you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It should be put up nationwide.

I laughed, I cried, I would see it again.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Great billboard!

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join