It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nation has spoken! Time to get back to business.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Anyhow, I have finally heard Kerry's speech and I ahve to say, it is the first one I am impressed with. He handled that with great class.

Honestly... Anything looks classy when compared to Bush when he spoke to the nation stating he was going to win before some polls had even closed. That was not cool. He could have waited until ALL the polls had closed. A whiney little kid in a candy story has more class than Bush.

I can't help thinking how history will remember this president...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks for bringing that on, yes I forgot to add I am now a terrorist.

Shhh...careful, Bush might hear you and sick the Patriot Act upon you!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well in this place I guess I should have expected that response.

If you can not see the difference in the statements , then I guess you need to get some help.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, ed, some of us are in mourning today. I live in NYC and the mood here is very somber. We, in NYC do not feel that "the American people are safer" and it is very hard for us to adjust to 4 more years. I am either trying to get over it, and accept whatever comes our way, or convince all of my friends and family to move to a country where we don't feel completely doomed.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It is unbelievable to read all of the posts on here. My God, people, GET OVER IT! The election is over, Bush won, Kerry lost, you have four more years of the same leadership that you had - like it or not. You can whine and moan, talk about how the nation is DIVIDED, and ADD TO IT by continuing your divisive remarks, or you can become part of the solution by learning what went wrong, and try to fix it - while at the same time working WITH the other (winning) side in getting things done.

B!tch all you want, but with majorities everywhere, it won't get you much.

Cooperation is the key - kill them with kindness...

By the way, I never have seen a retort about the "statistical tie" spoken of since it was mentioned that Clinton NEVER won over 49.2% of the popular vote. Talk about DIVIDED...at least Bush won over 50%...

By the way, if you wish to check these numbers, feel free:

presidentelect.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Awwwwwwwww! Booooo #ing Hooooo the pathetic Democrats lost again and they are crying

The fact is, the nation DID speak. All of those that wanted to voice there opinion did. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WANTED BUSH. THE MAJORITY OF STATES WANTED BUSH. END OF STORY.

GET OVER IT.

And oh yeah - for all of those that think it's so divided - last time I checked Republicans got a larger majority in both the house and senate.

Man, have I told you how much I hate posts like this?

Here's a funny thing no seems to have picked up on. Even if it was an even split (otherwise known as a tie), that would have been only 30% of America voted for Bush.

The non-vote counts too. Does it strike you as funny that only 60% come out to vote in a "record turnout"?

Shouldn't it be obvious that something is wrong if people are not voting because they think the government is out of their reach to control?

And they are, so nix the pro-bush liberals are whiners bull# if you please. Your idiotic taunting gets tiresome.

This is what the election has become. Nasty ravings of political bullies, and with the internet all the spindly little nits can come out in this faceless environment to play their reindeer games.

This is a race of bigotry and hate. Welcome to America Jack, where things will never change.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And...what percentage of the people voted when Clinton was elected? If this was a record turnout - imagine how many people thought the government was out of reach then?

It seems that America IS changing...for the better. More are getting out to have their say than ever before!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
"Does it strike you as funny that only 60% come out to vote in a "record turnout"?

60%-75% of voters is the average percentage in most countries, even in those where voting is mandatory

May be you should get yourself involved in politics if you want a change.
Just being angry and sitting there doesn't do it.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Vladtepes]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join