It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE Regarding Nazca Lines Destroyed - Peruvian Gov. took Legal Actions Against The Criminals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sadly, It's been reported on ATS how a some of the Nazca Lines were destroyed by heavy machinery of a private company who claims the area is part of their property.

MODS : At least 2 threads were made, leaving bitterness in all who share my love for pre-columbian cultures. I believe these news deserve a new thread, otherwise it will be unnoticed. I'm sure you agree.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, the great news (Translation) :

Gov. Culture sector staff found the effects on a trapezoid and a line located at the bottom of a small rocky elevation.

The Trans Galvez company, dedicated to the processing of asphalt layer, was reported to the prosecution for causing damage to the Nasca lines.

Staff of the Regional Directorate of Culture (DRC) of Ica found the effects on a trapezoid and a line located at the bottom of a small rocky elevation.

The CRD has determined that the affected area itself is located within the area subject to the Nasca lines and geoglyphs and the area included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage.

In response, prosecutors filed criminal charges against the company shift Gálvez Trans EIRL and the people that are responsible for the alleged crime against cultural property in their mode of attacks on archaeological monuments.

Lines and Geoglyphs of Nasca and Pampas de Jumana is spread over an area of approximately 450 square kilometers and has been inscribed on the World Heritage List of UNESCO in 1994.

Around the area are residential and monumental archaeological sites, geoglyphs, petroglyphs, aqueducts, roads and cemeteries systems prehispanic are scattered and full registration and study.

We lost a world heritage forever but they won't be unpunished thanks to the peruvians.

elcomercio.pe...
edit on 21-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What scum bags

I hope they get fined until they go out of business.

This is why we can't have nice things. I think a boycott of this company is in order.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm glad to hear that they will be prosecuted.

Now I am hoping that they get some archaeological teams in there to repair the damage as much as possible. We shore up the pyramids and other Egyptian sites, I hope someone has the foresight to repair this too.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
thanks for those replies. This is what we must protect, our heritage :

(Set HD on and full screen )
edit on 21-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ahhh man...

What a bunch of dimwits...

I'm very happy that I got to see them in person in 2007. I really hope that the affected areas can be salvaged and that the fools who ordered the work done are brought to justice.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hope this company suffers big time for destrying aworld heritage of this magnitude. To me as equal as the Talibans destrying the great Buddha statues.
It's not theirs, it's OURS!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
you don't even know what your talking about the sites weren't destroyed, only a small non iconic section was affected - read more, fake outrage less

edit on 22-4-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
you don't even know what your talking about the sites weren't destroyed, only a small non iconic section was affected - read more, fake outrage less

edit on 22-4-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

I know Nazca. My mother is peruvian amazon rainforest native. Every single piece of archaeological evidence has a connection with my blood. Damage on any of them hurts me deeply. There is no "small non iconic section".

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow, I just woke up an saw this an literally cried out, "Nooo!!" I woke up my wife an newborn.
I've personally never seen the nazca lines, but growing up an reading about ancient world wonders, the nazca lines have always intrigued me, anything that involves ancient an lost civilizations an relics holds a dear place in my heart, it ached when I saw this.
I haven't been around lately to see whats been going on around the world thru ATS EYEs, just some terrible MSM news an hawaiin local here an there....

top topics

join