It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nightly Prayers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A father overheard his young son saying his prayers.
�God bless Mummy, God bless Daddy, God bless Granny, goodbye Granda.�
The father was taken aback by this but decided not to make an issue of it. The following evening when he returned from work he was met by his tearful wife. �Oh, John, father died to day.�
For a moment the father remembered his son�s prayer but in the ensuing arrangements for the funeral he soon forgot about it.
Two weeks later the father was walking past his son�s bedroom when he heard: �God bless Mummy, God bless Daddy, Goodbye Granny.�
He next day he arrived home from work to learn that his Mother-in-law had passed away.
He again momentarily remembered his young son�s bedside prayer, but as before it was soon forgotten.
Three weeks later he was again passing his son�s bedroom when he heard: �God bless Mummy, goodbye Daddy.�
The next morning, he took a taxi into work. Refused to hold any meetings. Cancelled all his visits. Ordered sandwiches so he wouldn�t have to leave the office. He spent most of the day locked in the toilet, biting his nails until there was none left to chew. Finally, totally exhausted he ordered a taxi to take him home.
When he arrived home, he collapsed into his favourite chair, shaking like a leaf and totally exhausted.
�What a day,� he moaned. �I�ve never experienced anything like it.�
His wife burst into tears. �It�s alright for you,� she wailed. �When I went to bring the milk in I found the Postman lying dead on the doorstep!�

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

that's a good one

join