It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea suspends last project with South, Putin cites Chernobyl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

North Korea suspended its sole remaining major project with the South on Monday, after weeks of threats against the United States and South Korea, as Russian President Vladimir Putin said any nuclear conflict could make Chernobyl look like a fairy tale.

Reclusive North Korea's decision to all but close the Kaesong industrial park coincided with speculation that it will carry out some sort of provocative action - another nuclear weapons test or missile launch - in what has become one of the most serious crises on the peninsula since the end of the Korean War in 1953.

"I would make no secret about it, we are worried about the escalation on the Korean peninsula, because we are neighbors," he told a joint news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel during a visit to a trade fair in Germany.

Ok. Those are some ominous words from Putin.

IMO Kim Jong Un's threats felt somewhat empty up to this point... but when leaders like Putin speak up, you know things have taken a different turn. Again, I still don't think somethings going to blow but just thought I'd share this little update.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wonder if they let the SK workers return; read someplace they were stuck in the Kaesong project?

Putin does not want anything to happen to his dirty NK slave labor camp in Siberia (among other things); world opinion an all that would not be kind.

Thanks for the update...

join