It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Height Doesn't Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe a study recently showed taller people have higher cancer rates because of a closer proximity to the sun. Taller people are also more of a target in a combat situation. There isn't really a perfect set of dimensions to the human body; skinnier people would freeze to death in the cold while fatter people would sweat themselves into a heatstroke in the desert. Socrates argued his big nostrils were to smell better with; because he didn't seem to believe in the golden ratio mandating mathematical beauty. We're all pretty ugly by a neanderthals standards; and even more so according to what ever our common ancestor with chimpanzees was; they had more dextrous feet with extra muscles for handling tools; making us all foot disabled in comparison to them. If the air becomes increasingly more polluted people might eventually evolve different looking breathing organs with more filters; or if we all wear environmental protection suits because of a non existent EPA; maybe our eyes and skin will change because we are no longer receiving natural amounts of vitamin D from sunlight. Would you consider someone beautiful even if they lacked several internal organs; so long as they looked healthy on the outside? If so your opinion of beauty is extremely 2 dimensional and serves little evolutionary purpose in determining a mates health.
edit on 23-2-2013 by DiogenestheWanker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have dated and had relationships with men ranging in height from 5'6" to 6'5" (I am 5'6" myself). While I had no real problem being with the men who were on the shorter end of that scale, I must admit I am very happy with my 6'2" husband. Why? I don't know, I guess it makes me feel more feminine and protected. Kind of silly, I suppose. But I never refused to begin a relationship with a guy simply because of his height. And I don't believe height had anything to do with those other relationships ending.

<< 1   >>

join