It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally a bipartisan bill that would make trafficking in firearms a federal crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This morning while driving I heard about this bill being introduced today. They said that it's sponsored by two republicans and two democrats, and it will focus on illegal gun trafficking. I thought to myself what a great idea.

I wanted to learn more about it so I tried to remember if there is a famous case of illegal gun trafficking that fell through the loopholes in the current policy we have in place resulting in a accused to go unpunished. The first one that comes to mind is the illegal gun trafficking operation called Fast and Furious.

These Fast and Furious people must be shi*ing in their pants because very soon we will finally have legislation that will make illegal gun trafficking illegal.

I read a few article about this bill but none of them mention Fast and Furious probably because these two Republicans and two Democrats want it to be a surprise and asked the media not to talk about it until everything is ready to arrest the illegal gun traffickers who mastermind the Fast and Furious illegal gun trafficking to illegal drug cartels who illegally kill people with these illegal guns.

Bipartisan House group pushes gun trafficking bill

The bill would not burden law-abiding gun owners or buyers and would not hurt Second Amendment rights, the bill's sponsors said. "This is one of those rare times that everyone agrees," Maloney said. "How often are you able to come forward with a bill that is going to protect people, that law enforcement wants and needs and prevent senseless gun violence, that doesn't in any way hurt gun owners rights to own legally their own guns? This is an absolute win, win, win, win."

"Unless you are a gun trafficker, unless you're a person who is a straw purchaser there's really no problem with this," Rigell said.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Too bad it won't effect them and the people behind fast and furious will go free while they lock up gun owners that sell one too many personal guns without an FFL.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Too bad it won't effect them and the people behind fast and furious will go free while they lock up gun owners that sell one too many personal guns without an FFL.

I think you are absolutely correct. And why do we need a bill to make illegal activities a crime? It's like they will make it even more illegal than it already is.. Whats wrong with these people?
edit on 6-2-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Gun trafficking and straw purchases are already a federal offense.

Secondly the BATFE told agents not to pursue the straw purchasers and traffickers who were running guns to the cartels in Mexico.

If the responsibly of this legislation falls to the corrupt as hell BATFE then we can be assured that nothing will be done to prevent another F & F scandal in the future.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This wont stop Obama and Co from giving firearms to mexican cartels so those same cartels can kill there fellow mexicans.

And they say Obama is pro Hispanic, why is he aiding in the mass killing of them?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
This wont stop Obama and Co from giving firearms to mexican cartels so those same cartels can kill there fellow mexicans.

And they say Obama is pro Hispanic, why is he aiding in the mass killing of them?

rewriting history?...must be a republican

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

And . . . That is exactly what came to mind when I read the thread tittle, as usual the hidden agenda of redefining what will be considered a trafficking of a firearms that as usual will affect the legal inter exchange of arms purchasing and selling while the illegal trafficking will keep doing business as usual.

Then I could not get out of my mind when Rham Emmanuel I believe is his name in Colorado proposing last month state border control to search interestate travelers for gun, regardless if they are legal register users of not.

Well the gestapo police comes to mind again.

edit on 6-2-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Gun trafficking and straw purchases are already a federal offense.

Secondly the BATFE told agents not to pursue the straw purchasers and traffickers who were running guns to the cartels in Mexico.

If the responsibly of this legislation falls to the corrupt as hell BATFE then we can be assured that nothing will be done to prevent another F & F scandal in the future.

Exactly.. I personally take this nonsense as an insult. I want them to stop wasting time on crap and start enforcing the laws we already have.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by camaro68ss

rewriting history?...must be a republican

Denying facts, must be a democrat.

Its not your fault, your hardwired into accepting whatever is told to you as fact.

Living in stockton? hows that democrat run city working out today? One of the highest unemployment cities in California if I’m not mistaking and largest city in the united states to go belly up. Just keep repeating Hope and Change, hope and chage, maybe someday it will come.
edit on 6-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I personally don't see much problem with people selling their private guns. It's legal until you start selling so many that the government isn't getting it's fair chunk of tax. If someone is taking numbers off the weapons or selling them to non citizens then of course bust them.

As far as I personally would be willing to budge (if I had the option to make law) would be that a person records information to all of their private sells, but they aren't required to report it. They just keep that information on personal file and if something happens and a crime is committed with that gun they produce the paper work. If they don't have it, but without a doubt have no other connection to the crime.. fine them. That's it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

How do you figure that a rewrite of history? That's what happened? Do you think the government thought the cartels were going to use those assault weapons on coyotes and chupacabras?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yep their laws are only for the little people it doesn't cover the largest illegal arms seller in the world.

That government who denies us the very weapons they run to Mexico,Libya,Syria, and the entire Middle East.

The government doesn't like competition,.
edit on 6-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Actually not everyone agrees that this law is the right thing

I do not...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I always thought aiding and abetting a criminal was a crime anyway...
Why do we need a new law if the old one was never used???

new topics

top topics

join