It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of deaths from Medical Malpractice VS. Gun deaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How many people are saved by medical personnel each year?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I wonder about the stats too, relevant to patients "saved"....and later, when they succumb from the plethora of pills that get prescribed to keep them "healthy". I am constantly amazed by the tv ads where they list side effects for meds...some ads mention actual death as a "side effect" and more then once in the ad. Others mention cancer risks, liver failure and heart failure and more. And some of the meds involved are for pain and discomfort issues or skin problems and not for fatal ailments, yet the meds advertised mention side effects way more dire and serious than the original disease.

I'm amazed that folks take these meds after hearing the lists of bad effects that can occur. Docs will say the benefits outway the risks...not necessarily true in many cases. But then, I guess cancer and/or death WILL relieve the pain, albeit permanently.

Vaccines tv ads/magazine ads mention specifically that vaccines do not work for everyone. So what is the point of the vaccines then? Those of us smart enough to avoid the vaccines aren't putting humanity at risk afterall.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
How many people are saved by medical personnel each year?

The point of the thread is to show even though gun debates are all over the TV, the number of people killed by them are very low when compared to other means of cause of death.

And for me, it's not the how or why.....all deaths are equal and unjustified.

I'm just tired of all the hoopla surrounding guns when there are other major issues that needs to be addressed too and publicized.
All our legislatures are doing is exploiting a tragedy to push their agenda.

edit on 7-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join