It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My humble opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Excuse my poor skills at writing an intelligent post in English, I've had a bit to drink, and 3 hours of Jehovah's witnesses "studying" the bible with me, results in me being a bit exhausted by now

Being raised in an atheist home, who hated the law, government and every source of "control". I'm trying to do the most crazy thing: I'm trying to find God among the many (many,many) religions that are - everywhere.

I'm willing to listen for hours (and many more) to anyone who claim to have found God.....And I do...

But honestly, the more I listen and the more I learn (about the people behind the message), I begin to see a very clear pattern, here's what most of the people have in common:

- The society I live in practice this religion.
- I was born into in the religion.
- someone I liked practiced the religion before me.

Most of the time, the people I speak to are somewhat peer-pressured into a religion.

IF God is to be found. If ultimate truth is to be found, isn't it a bit strange that most did not really go that far away from their own neighborhood to find it?

Honestly (no I don't have an awesome finish to my post) isn't it just a bit too easy to find God?

edit on 27-12-2012 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Make your own God, do not listen to other people telling you about something that should be personal.
Mines called Bod

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why are you trying to find your Creator through other people? Prepare your heart and pray humbly.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"HE is the rewarder of those who diligently seek HIM.

Keep it up!!

You will not be sorry!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamdavid

IF God is to be found. If ultimate truth is to be found, isn't it a bit strange that most did not really go that far away from their own neighborhood to find it?

Honestly (no I don't have an awesome finish to my post) isn't it just a bit too easy to find God?

How far must one go to find god within?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Why are you trying to find your Creator through other people? Prepare your heart and pray humbly.

I don't think the OP is really looking for a god. I think he/she is just making a statement that gods are regional (if I'm wrong I apologize). If we created a neighborhood (with a lot of children) and all the adults prayed to, and worshiped, intelligent trees, then those kids would most likely grow up to worship trees. Especially if the adults make the kids read stories from the Great Tree Book.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by iamdavid

How far must one go to find god within?

Apparently not that far. I was sitting in a bar once, just watching the tube. All of the suddent this vietanamese-american guy (around my age--25) sits down next to me. We start talking about random things. He starts complaining that the people are so ignorant and that a lot of problems are caused by people "going after the wrong thing." As the convo came to an end he prenounces to me that he "was a God". He told me I didn't smile enough (which I don't) and that he hoped I was "happy". Then he left the bar. Wedird convo witha weird person. Hell, maybe he was God--I don't know. Maybe you don't have to look far. I think he was just crazy, though.

-Ghoster
edit on 27-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is really no need for religion. I believe in God but do not follow any religion. God is real and religion is man-made. Simple imho. I was born a Catholic but learned at a very early age that it, like other religions, was just a group created to manipulate people.

I have God in my life today. I speak to God in prayer and get answers (sometimes) from meditation. I believe it is important for us all to have three things in balance to have true happiness: spiritual, physical and mental health. If any one is out of wack, I end up out of wack.

Don't go looking for the right religion...all you need is God and He is already within you!

Peace!

join