It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad Dream (Family and Death)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Before I tell you about this dream I want to point out that it may be perceived as sad or scary but I am not trying to scare anyone with this, understand that it is simply a dream. I'm not claiming to be an oracle. I remember my dreams roughly 5 days out of the week and this is the first time I've made a thread for one of them. I love dreams and dreaming and I would be very pleased to have a discussion on this particular one. Now for the dream.

The dream started out as a light-hearted dream where I was going on some sort of road trip with some family members. I believe it was my grandpa (my dad's dad), his wife, me, and my father. There may have been more people at this point but I'm not certain, there will be later. I remember taking a bag of Jelly Bellies with me for the family to eat on the car ride. I remember that because it set the light-hearted tone of the initial dream. If anyone is wondering at this point, I'm currently a 21 year old male and I believe I was probably the same age in my dream.

I remember we stopped somewhere for people to use the restroom and stock up on whatever they wanted. I was in the backseat with my grandpa's wife driving. Somehow at this point more of my family showed up, specifically my mom's side of the family. Two uncles with their wives and kids and my mom's mom. My mom may have been there but she's dead in real life so I doubt it though I do tend to still see her in dreams. We were standing around talking about normal stuff, I don't really remember what when suddenly we were teleported somewhere. It didn't seem like we were actually teleported, more like I skipped ahead in the dream, most likely to our destination. This happens a lot in my dreams.

We were at the edge of a cliff facing a body of water. Somewhat scenic but not tropical or beautiful. The view wasn't my focus here though. I was walking around talking to various family members. I remember there being other people at this overlook as well, other people that were there presumably for the same reason we were. I was pretty happy at this point. I remember talking to my uncle's daughter when suddenly a long tan car sped up and drove right off the cliff, into the water. Everyone was freaking out. For some reason I said "Should I try and help them?" which is odd because I feel like I would just do it and not ask if I should.

I ran down a rocky area nearby that led to the water and dove in. There was a strong current pushing away from the cliff and it pushed me past the now submerged car. I had to turn around and swim hard to get to it. By the time I got there and somehow opened the door, they were all dead. I pulled the driver out and took him to shore but he was clearly gone by this point. Everyone on the cliff saw this and now knew what I did. Some started crying and some just gasped. I cried a bit because I failed. Surprisingly to me, I'm actually starting to tear up as I type this which is not common for me.

There's a small calm part here in the dream and then I teleport or fast-forward again. My family and I are now in a building of some sort, almost looks like an office. There are other people here as well, going about their business. At this point I look out a window and see a massive fireball, it pretty much looks like the sun, hurling toward the earth. Soon everyone sees it and they all start to panic. Everyone is running, trying to get out of the building. I look to my family members nearby, my mom's mom, my dad, and I think one of my uncles and I yell at them to stop running. They turn around to look at me. I tell them we aren't going to outrun it with tears in my eyes. We huddle together in a circle and I tell them that I love them and I will see them again, presumably in the afterlife or our next lives. Everyone else is crying at this point too. People are still panicking around us. The dream ends with me looking at my grandma, telling her I love her and promising I'll see her again, then turning to look at the fireball.

This was a very emotionally charged dream. It's almost impossible for me to cry because of my childhood. Usually I won't let myself if I feel sad enough that I might but I've been trying to let my emotions out a bit more lately. I admit, I actually cried a tear or two as I was writing the last part of this dream because I could feel the emotion from the dream coming back to me. I would appreciate any comments and if anyone wants anymore details, I can probably provide them as I still remember the dream pretty vividly. This was a dream I had this morning before I woke up.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX

We were at the edge of a cliff facing a body of water. Somewhat scenic but not tropical or beautiful. The view wasn't my focus here though. I was walking around talking to various family members. I remember there being other people at this overlook as well, other people that were there presumably for the same reason we were. I was pretty happy at this point. I remember talking to my uncle's daughter when suddenly a long tan car sped up and drove right off the cliff, into the water. Everyone was freaking out. For some reason I said "Should I try and help them?" which is odd because I feel like I would just do it and not ask if I should.

I ran down a rocky area nearby that led to the water and dove in. There was a strong current pushing away from the cliff and it pushed me past the now submerged car. I had to turn around and swim hard to get to it. By the time I got there and somehow opened the door, they were all dead. I pulled the driver out and took him to shore but he was clearly gone by this point. Everyone on the cliff saw this and now knew what I did. Some started crying and some just gasped. I cried a bit because I failed.

Humm..... let me see if I can help you understand your dream.
To see water in your dream symbolizes your subconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.
A car represents the human body. This car that drove off the cliff represents someone outside of your immediate family that you feel is "going over a cliff" in real life. Maybe you feel they are losing their spirituality, or something related to the symbolic meaning of water. You tried to save them, but failed. This made you very sad.
Is there anyone in your life that this could apply to?

The fireball is scary! This could be a prophetic dream, or it could be your subconscious dealing with all the dooms day predictions that have been going around lately. Time will tell. Let's hope it's just your subconscious!

That's certainly an emotional dream. I'm sorry no one has replied until me.
I gave you a star and flag.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

I understand the emotion that can be experienced in a dream, especially when it involves possible death of loved ones. That's how my dream was too. I woke up at 1:30 a.m., and didn't go back to sleep until around 10 a.m. that morning. I was very disturbed by it.

I really don't know what to add. I guess all we can do is go on living our lives and hold the people we love dear to our hearts while we are here with them.

Would you mind copying and pasting that part about the fireball to my thread?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

As far as saving someone and failing, that could relate to my best friend who is no longer my best friend as of about three years ago. There's a lot of stuff related to he and I and our relationship that could pertain to what you mentioned. It could also be my mom who died when I was fourteen but you said someone outside of my immediate family.

I have my own ideas about what that car going over the cliff and me trying and failing to save the people in it means but your take is a definite possibility. I guess I'll go ahead and say what it seems like to me since I already said I had my own ideas about it. I would take it to mean that there are situations going on around me, specifically involving other people that I feel are out of my control and even though I want to help, I feel that I can't. I understand that that is very similar to what you said, I'm just explaining how I interpreted it initially. I really appreciate you replying to my thread.
edit on 1/6/2013 by AlphaX because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Whatever you feel it means to you is how you should interpret it. Our dreams have to have meaning for our own personal understanding.

I said it was someone outside your family because they were all there with you in your dream, and the people in the car didn't seem to be anyone in your immediate family.

I'm glad you know what it is related to.

new topics

top topics

join