It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mike Huckabee: Newtown Shooting No Surprise, We've 'Systematically Removed God' From Schools"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So within hours of children being ruthlessly massacred, this "man of god" has to chime in and blame it on not believing in his godling. This is disgusting. Why? WHY?! This is worse than that lecherous old man Pat Robertson blaming devastating hurricanes on gay people.

Here's a bit of what he had to say:

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

Here's the article

Between this and all the freedom fry Rambos instantly saying "dey gunna take arr guns!" instead of even examining the situation is really beginning to scare me.

How many more kids will die before we are allowed to talk about mental health and loose gun laws instead of blaming it on people not going to church. My guess is a lot more.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Lack of God is not to blame. Guns are not to blame.

Individuals are to blame.

[/end thread]

Regardless, Americans are not giving up their guns, hell to the no.

Especially as the police state gets bigger and as the economy gets closer to a collapse.

edit on 14-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
[/end thread]

"end thread"?! You see no discussion value in this? When can we then? When it's your kid?

These shootings aren't being committed by guys who have black market connections. They get their guns just like you and I would. You honestly wouldn't be open to a discussion about making gun ownership involve a little more accountability and screening? The inconvenience is enough for you to just say "end thread" and not even talk about why this is happening and all possible solutions?
edit on 14-12-2012 by Cuervo because: clarification

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Mike Huckabee is a right wing zionist nut job.

All he is doing is trying to provide an alternative narrative for the pro-gun conservatives.

Mike Huckabee stands out to me as the lowest snake that Fox News employs. Mike Huckabee sold his soul to the devil long ago.

I also wish Fox News idiots would stop calling him 'governor'. He is no longer a freaking governor. And Gingrich is not the freaking 'speaker'.

Huckabee is a snake.

edit on 14-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: whoops

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is a time for reflection and mourning. This is not the time for chest thumping soap box speeches from Huckabbee or you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah and the catholic priests that used to run schools would sexually assault boys and girls ..

No keep religion at home or in the closet .. I don't pay taxes for education for what is taught on Sundays and by their parents .. but I guess some people could be to lazy to indoctrinate their children with that kind of garbage..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yes and the answer is obvious.

Guns are not the problem, God or lack thereof is not the problem.

There are violent acts committed every day, most without guns. A few days ago, a homeless man pushed someone in front of a train. Whats at fault there, free will?

Individuals are to blame regardless of the violent act.

Nothing more needs to be said.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Or Obama.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
This is a time for reflection and mourning. This is not the time for chest thumping soap box speeches from Huckabbee or you.

Children don't ask to be shot whether or not his god is in our freedom-from-religion schools. If disputing somebody's ignorant spouting to the contrary is making "thumping soap box speeches", then when is it okay? When it's no longer relevant?

Believe me, when I call out a hateful talking head like Huckabee, I am honoring those kids. Whether or not they were Christian.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hmmm..... Exploiting this for political and career points on the air looks just as ugly from the Right as it has from the Left. He never has been someone I had much respect for.

top topics

join