It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Paying $$ to Have Ads Run DURING my Shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

And may I add to this list... Those stupid, annoying, useless chat and twitter scrolls that some shows have added. UGH!!!! I don't care that Susie in VA watches the show because some actor is sooooo **HOT!**.

And thanks OP for the update on the "calm" law!!!

(ps.... they jack up the audio for radio commercials too. The production staff at the radio station I worked at would try to screen them before loading them into the system, but a few always slip through. Those would cause a scramble and cussing fit from the DJ while they tried to back the volume down. I learned plenty of new cuss phrases in my radio days.)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

And may I add to this list... Those stupid, annoying, useless chat and twitter scrolls that some shows have added. UGH!!!! I don't care that Susie in VA watches the show because some actor is sooooo **HOT!**.

Thanks for bringing attention to that one as well. I've watched a few shows with that banner at the bottom scrolling brainless comments from what seems primarily a juvenile crowd. You could miss the talent, if any, in the show itself due to the nonstop distraction of reading that drivel.

(ps.... they jack up the audio for radio commercials too. The production staff at the radio station I worked at would try to screen them before loading them into the system, but a few always slip through. Those would cause a scramble and cussing fit from the DJ while they tried to back the volume down. I learned plenty of new cuss phrases in my radio days.)

Too funny, let me quess.... New Car Dealerships were the worst offenders?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
Too funny, let me quess.... New Car Dealerships were the worst offenders?

And furniture stores!!!

I don't know about other markets, but Knoxville has a cut-throat furniture sales industry.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I refuse to give my money to one of the cable giants just so I can watch Sabado Gigante whenever I want.

So I bought a converter box and constructed an elaborate antennae array from the wire hangers I got from the dry cleaners'. I get the same five channels I've ever been able to find something on with cable. And I get meteorological control over two zip codes - bonus!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Sounds great! Can we get a diagram of that?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Imagine the Peanuts' Christmas tree, made of wire hangers. Now remove the ornaments. Mmmm 'kay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join