It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities You Thought Were Dead - Or Not!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I was reading the Washington Post today and I noticed they had an article called "Notable Deaths of 2012." Going through their picture gallery, some of the names jumped out at me only because I could have sworn they had already died years ago. I've heard this topic discussed on Coast to Coast, and I'm wondering if anyone has any theories as to what's really going on: faulty memory, shoddy journalism, a change in the world timeline, parallel universes, or what?

A few names that stood out for me:

Richard Dawson
Ernest Borgnine
Ray Bradbury
Helen Gurley Brown

Looking around ATS to see whether anyone else has discussed this topic, I found this post from 2011 where someone mentioned Ernest Borgnine too!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone else has a list of questionable celebrity deaths, or have any explanation as to what's going on, then I'd like to hear it.

Here's the link to the Washington Post article:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It is easy to assume that a "celebrity" is dead when that have not done anything memorable in years.

Plus, with this crazy thing we call the "Inter-Net" there are ALWAYS death hoaxes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This happens sometimes between my wife and I. I will ask her about so and so celebrity and she will say he already died, or vice versa. It's a really weird phenomenon.
I think our brains will see a celebrity mentioned in the news and then if they haven't been on the scene for a while our brain will automatically piece 2 and 2 together and give us a false memory that he or she has already died.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This topic was covered on Clyde Lewis' show the other night (phantom timelines, or something like that). Add Kirk Douglas to the list - quite a few people are convinced they read his obituary and saw Michal Douglas attend his funeral back in 1999.

Oh, and there's Bin Laden, who was supposed to have died from liver failure in December 2001, and Clyde Lewis played two versions of the same BBC interview - one that mentioned his death, and the other with that segment allegedly taken out by the BBC.
edit on 2-12-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I hate it when something like this comes up, and I can't find the link I'm looking for.

Somewhere on the interwebz, I read a piece by someone who proved that some celeb deaths are actually reported(or misreported?) more than once. He also had clips for how many times the same terrorist was reportedly killed over several years.

If anyone knows the page I'm talking about, link it please.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the MSM does this stuff on purpose, just to see if anyone is paying attention, and calls them on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
This topic was covered on Clyde Lewis' show the other night (phantom timelines, or something like that). Add Kirk Douglas to the list - quite a few people are convinced they read his obituary and saw Michal Douglas attend his funeral back in 1999.

Wow, add me to the list of people who remember his funeral. I recall that his grandson Cameron could not attend as he was in prison for drug offences and felt sorry for him, sitting in jail while his family were having such a sad occasion. Now I see from Wikipedia that "the charge was dropped after he pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct."

Weird!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

This?: Link here...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

No, but I'm going to read that page. It looks interesting. Thanks.

The page I saw, which has probably conveniently disappeared so I sound like a nutcase, had vids, clips, and articles proving the authors assertions that some famous people had died up to three times over several years. I swear I bookmarked it... It's a conspiracy I tell ya...

top topics

join