It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the News is always biggest hurdle to true peace (Israel + Palestine)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Love the fact that now due to the internet, even if the local Israeli 'NEWS' or Palestinian 'NEWS' are still being heard by people on the ground you have a third dimension of anti-propaganda news from the internet to help both sides.

Quick 3 minute video about what I mean. Soon going viral.

Now the above clip you might expect to hear in a history lesson, but not an uplifting message of hope, not for one sides interest over the others, no favoring, no side of the battle is taken, which helps everyone; the News when they are covering a black and white tinged war sometimes the fear and bias it's unbearable.

I remember Tony Benn a few years back wanted to send Aid to the Lebanese children that were dying and in very bad conditions, and he had to defy the BBC declaration that it was a 'terroist' group by reading out the number to help the dying children live on air anyway.

George Galloway was even questioned for going in person to Lebanon and providing them with medicine and nappies from public donations
It's as if our own news is trying to make us choose a side too. It's no so bad in the UK as it is via Fox news and other media, but still far from non biased.

When the Israelis need places for the troops, help moving equipment in large vessels, etc, we try to help them as best as possible. Yet condemn them when they later use these weapons. Imagine if Israel found out we had supplied Muslims leaders in Gaza with bombs?! Uproar. It's also double standards like this that annoy me.

But for the public to give humanitarian aid to a ravished population that Israel calls 'terrorists' and anyone that might is accused of being a terrorist sympathizer was just ridiculous. And when I knew the Machiavellian mindset was pretty much endemic in the local news in times of uncertainty, fear and war.

Remember, turn off your local news in times of local war. They will be defending other things by taking sides rather than your own judgements and intuitions.

If only in each war-faring state the news had not bread such an amount of latent disgust and fear for over each other there would not be enough hate infused in the people for any pf this to happen. We need these impartial internet videos now.

Internet viral videos will forever be a calming mix to add to the traditionally fear based and biased local media in the future I hope.

I just hope they both turn off their TV's or stop reading their hate filled tabloids

edit on 19-11-2012 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I believe,
When it happens it will be a collective world wide mind shift.
It will be to big for tptb to have any influence over.
The world will one day think as one and common sense will prevail...rule.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

When it happens it will be a collective world wide mind shift.

The world will one day think as one and common sense will prevail...rule.

I think it is already well it's way. The main stumbling point is the fear, ignorance and depressing based media we live in. Especially for the old and naive, who seem more susceptible to it than younger generations.

new topics

join