It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Forgiving Others Makes Life Better For You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

Know i didnt know this. I like elephants they seem kinda well to do creatures. Its sad they hunted by poachers. Thats very unright.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wild Elephants gather inexplicably, mourn death of “Elephant Whisperer”reply to post by AthlonSavage

For 12 hours, two herds of wild South African elephants slowly made their way through the Zululand bush until they reached the house of late author Lawrence Anthony, the conservationist who saved their lives.The formerly violent, rogue elephants, destined to be shot a few years ago as pests, were rescued and rehabilitated by Anthony, who had grown up in the bush and was known as the “Elephant Whisperer.” For two days the herds loitered at Anthony’s rural compound on the vast Thula Thula game reserve in the South African KwaZulu – to say good-bye to the man they loved. But how did they know he had died March 7? Known for his unique ability to calm traumatized elephants, Anthony had become a legend. He is the author of three books, Baghdad Ark, detailing his efforts to rescue the animals at Baghdad Zoo during the Iraqi war, the forthcoming The Last Rhinos, and his bestselling The Elephant Whisperer.

The full thread is awesome. I get chills every time I read it. Good chills lol
edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Looks a nice thread. I will read through tommorow as my concentration isnt as sharp now its 1.00 in morning.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Generally I find forgiveness comes easy to those who are light hearted and positive. Having said that though, how do you deal with something whose effects are constant daily reminders of the wrong done? It's like being wronged all over again. How easy is it to forgive serious life-altering acts that you have to face each and every day because you just can't get over the meanness and deliberate evil that was thrown at you? To deliberately hold a grudge is to cast doubt on one's own character development. I know that.

However if someone tries to move on and forgives, and the effect of the act comes back to haunt you yet again, I don't think it's that easy as a flitting thought. It requires serious daily adjustment. Having said that, how much of the act of forgiveness requires our own need to look at our part in things and perhaps apologize too?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Generally I find forgiveness comes easy to those who are light hearted and positive. Having said that though, how do you deal with something whose effects are constant daily reminders of the wrong done? It's like being wronged all over again. How easy is it to forgive serious life-altering acts that you have to face each and every day because you just can't get over the meanness and deliberate evil that was thrown at you? To deliberately hold a grudge is to cast doubt on one's own character development. I know that.

However if someone tries to move on and forgives, and the effect of the act comes back to haunt you yet again, I don't think it's that easy as a flitting thought. It requires serious daily adjustment. Having said that, how much of the act of forgiveness requires our own need to look at our part in things and perhaps apologize too?

Click this Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I have found often times those who were inflicting pain on me were in actuality helping me grow.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Having said that, how much of the act of forgiveness requires our own need to look at our part in things and perhaps apologize too?

I would say to a great extent. To the person your hurt and maybe even more so to forgive yourself.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I really to need to apologize to someone i know im not free of my part in things. I just need to find her and apologize. What a tangled web i leave.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Just to clarify the above quote was not from me but another poster, i think they have been mixed up a couple times.
Things will work out for you I imagine, tangled webs can be fun to navigate lol most definitely I would suggest working on forgiving yourself for whatever is it you feel the need to apologize for.
Best wishes to ya!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join