It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Pro-life Rep. Demanded Abortion for Mistress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.

The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.

DesJarlais, who was provided a copy of the transcript by HuffPost, did not deny its contents, but in a statement released through his campaign characterized it as just another sordid detail dredged up by the opposition. "Desperate personal attacks do not solve our nation's problems, yet it appears my opponents are choosing to once again engage in the same gutter politics that CBS news called the dirtiest in the nation just 2 years ago."

HuffPost obtained the transcript and court documents through still other sources, and has identified the woman in the conversation.

Davis said he ultimately confirmed the authenticity of the transcript himself last spring, almost by accident, when he met with Susan DesJarlais.

DesJarlais: You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one. [ED: Following this, DesJarlais hems and haws about why he can't accompany his pregnant mistress to the abortion he is demanding of her.]
Woman: You told me you would have time to go with me and everything.
DesJarlais: I said, if I could, I would, didn't I? And I will try. If I can [find] time, you're saying you still will?
Woman: Yeah.

Well if this isn't hypocritical then I don't know what is. For someone so hell bent on trying to make abortion illegal and claims to see a fetus as human life he had no problem having his own child aborted. I guess say anything you and pretend to believe in whatever you will to get elected...right?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I'm not too surprised.
What would you expect from a Politician who also happens to be a Human Being? Perfection??

It's worth pointing out, sure, especially to anyone who was thinking of re-electing him.

But ten bucks says Anonymous would be able to pull out some hypocritical moments in your life as well. (I fully admit they could in mine too.)

We love pointing out others flaws, but often do so forgetting that we could be tried just as guilty.
edit on 16-10-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Flaws? This is a guy who claims to believe that abortions are murder but ordered his mistress to get one.

That isn't a flaw, that is a complete hypocrite and fraud.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Tennessee Conservative Union Chairman Lloyd Daugherty in an interview declined to identify the other organizations with which he has been speaking. He said his goal is building a "coalition" in support of the congressman's ouster.
Ethics violation for an affair with a patient. Hopefully he loses his license to practice medicine. Looks like conservative groups are asking him to resign.
edit on 16-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Yeah it's hypocritical. It's more sad than anything else though. Sad to see an unborn child's life sacrificed to the demon Moloch so these people can maintain their prosperity and lifestyles and meanwhile this child recieves no justice for its murder because it's legal to kill unborn babies. Abortion fills me with....RAAAAAGE. People don't want to pay for their mistakes so they force the child to pay with it's very life. The sorrow i feel for these lost children is almost more than i can bear.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pro-life, pro-family, pro-marriage, anti-gay, and anti-abortion Congressman; he's a medical doctor who has been caught having unsafe sex with his patients, and now pushed his mistress to have an abortion. On top of that, during his divorce he "dry fired" a firearm at his soon-to-be ex-wife.

He is also a Tea-party backed Republican. While I can't blame the TPM for this man's behavior, what I would like to know is why the Tea Party has become so silent about him? Why aren't they out there leading a recall against him, since he so clearly defies their tenets? Or do they ignore facts when it suits them and it's their rep being called into question? The TPM has led a holy crusade against Democrats who have engaged in a fraction of the amoral behavior of Scott DesJarlais, yet are made out to be the antichrist by them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Pro-life, pro-family, pro-marriage, anti-gay, and anti-abortion Congressman; he's a medical doctor who has been caught having unsafe sex with his patients, and now pushed his mistress to have an abortion. On top of that, during his divorce he "dry fired" a firearm at his soon-to-be ex-wife.

He is also a Tea-party backed Republican. While I can't blame the TPM for this man's behavior, what I would like to know is why the Tea Party has become so silent about him? Why aren't they out there leading a recall against him, since he so clearly defies their tenets? Or do they ignore facts when it suits them and it's their rep being called into question? The TPM has led a holy crusade against Democrats who have engaged in a fraction of the amoral behavior of Scott DesJarlais, yet are made out to be the antichrist by them.

Actually there is. See my post above. Several conservative organizations are getting together to demand he step down.

Sure, some people on both sides of the aisle will back their guy no matter what, be it Bill Clinton and sexual harrassment, Ted Kennedy and drunken manslaughter, Larry Craig and his "wide stance," and now this guy, but the vast majority of the Tea Party types are part of the Tea Party because they are tired of government corruption. The guy had sex with patients and should be in jail, much less in office.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah I was thinking the abortion thing would be a bit too much for conservative groups to ignore.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by eleven44

Flaws? This is a guy who claims to believe that abortions are murder but ordered his mistress to get one.

That isn't a flaw, that is a complete hypocrite and fraud.

Not only did this man CLAIM he is a lawmaker making LAWS against it.

new topics

top topics

join