It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bummer! Science Officially Stomps All Hope of Dinosaur Cloning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

"They" did shut the door...so we give it no more attention. Who knows what 'they' do behind that shut door.

sec.line

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I did just as you suggested, and Google searched "scientists secretly cloning" to little avail.

The results were a blog, another forum, a church and/or library, something that appears to be a fictional human history, another forum, and it goes on from there. Hardly compelling evidence. If it were as easy as a Google search to find out about "scientists secretly cloning" it would hardly be a secret.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a dino clone just die anyways? Wouldn't it suffocate due to the difference in our air compared to however many million years ago?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a dino clone just die anyways? Wouldn't it suffocate due to the difference in our air compared to however many million years ago?

Somebody else made that observation as well, I'd have to research it beginning with what science already knows about air composition then compared to now. If that's true, along with the DNA half life findings,...the outlook of us ever seeing a live one in our lifetime really, well.....sucks big time.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Maybe, but probably not. If people and animals can live in oxygen rich or poor environments, why couldn't a dinosaur? Life is highly adaptable, so while it might be with with limited functionality, it could go on. Currently, oxygen makes up about 21% of the air we breath. Estimates put the oxygen levels as varying through the Mesozoic Era. Some say it was higher throughout, some say it was lower at the start and higher at the end, some say it was higher in the Triassic, lower in the Jurassic,and higher again in the Cretaceous. I was unable to find a clear answer to present.

reply to post by Lonewulph

The person who posted before asking a similar question was doing so under the guise of pseudo-scientific Bible ramblings that were developed during the 1880s to attempt to give a scientific explanation for the Great Flood myths. The "water canopy" hypothesis states that before the Great Flood, all the water was stored in the Earth's atmosphere. Here are a few links disproving that. My favorite explanation is this one.

Air can hold, at most, 55 grams of water vapor per cubic meter. In contrast, liquid water is at a density of 1,000,000 grams per cubic meter. The ratio of the two numbers is 1:18,000. Therefore, a flood of 1 mile thickness (which would cover only 1/5 of Mount Everest), would require 18,000 miles of canopy. Besides the problem of gravity (which would bring the whole thing down), such a thick layer of water vapor would completely block any light from the Sun from reaching the earth.

Even a canopy of the equivalent of only 40 feet of liquid water would double the earth's atmospheric pressure, which would kill many animals, including humans. This pressure would also increase the temperature on the earth to a scorching 220°F. Most animals and plants do not survive long at this temperature.

Another problem is getting the water out of the atmosphere and onto the ground without cooking everything on the earth. Each gram of water vapor that condenses to a liquid releases 539 calories of heat. For a vapor canopy to produce a global water layer of only 40 feet deep, 6.22 x 1021 grams of water would release 3.35 x 1024 calories, raising the temperature of the earth to 810°F. Such a scenario would definitely kill all life on earth, but would produce a tremendous air conditioning problem for Noah. And a 40 feet deep flood would certainly not be global.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join