It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the worlds governments achieved the impossible...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members,

First of all i apologise to the Mods if this is in the wrong section, so move as you see fit.

I have stared this thread as i wished to discuss a TV show i have recently seen know as Person of Interest.

www.cbs.com...

I know the UK government has a sophisticated surveillance system in place, and was wondering if the worlds governments have achieved the impossible and actually built a system to recognize potential threats.

I suppose after 9/11 and 7/7 in the UK the worlds governments needed a way to track targets and suspects,

The following link gives you a rough idea how much we are being watched, not just here in the UK its even bigger i suspect in the USA where there are more than one intelligence agency. How much they share amongst themselves is unknown.

en.wikipedia.org...

My question is this ATS do you trust your government to protect you and your family? If they have access to every aspect of our lives, although i believe they do in some way or another. And how far would they go if your name came up?

If you have nothing to hide i suppose you have nothing to worry about, It's just scary that they have that power and could potentially abuse it for all the wrong reasons.

Look forward to your input folks.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

I watched that show once and never again. Yeah, on TV they were only using it to protect people, but the real life implications of what COULD be done with such technology made me mad!

Here are my thoughts on what I consider the "Big Brother" situation most of the Western world lives in now:

I have done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, but if I wanted ANYONE (including the govt.) to know my business I would tell them. I don't appreciate my every move and action being recorded, tracked, monitored. I don't need anyone to "protect" me. I can protect myself. I believe the only one's being "protected" in this charade is the govt. THEY are the ones who should be tracked and monitored, not citizens!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do i trust tptb to protect me? Theyre probably going to assassinate me at some point i figure....
no trust whatsoever. And i dont plan on my gun saving me from them either.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I couldn't agree more, there is only one person that can truly protect you is yourself. Thanks for your point of view.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Lets hope thats not the case, why would they assassinate you? Are you a person of interest?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand your question.

You presume that all of the surveliance through cameras (and how about drones, Internet spying, etc.?) came about because of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and others, and that these things were developed to keep our families safe.

I don't agree.

I think we are marching toward a one-world government and this sort of spying was merely designed to keep an eye on us. It is "big brother" if you will.

The terrorist attacks were solely created to bring about the loss of liberty, of human rights, and to pass things like the NDAA and the Partriot Act, so that our freedoms could be curbed all in the name of terrorism.

edit on 3-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well said, i am a strong believer in a new world order in fact that is why i joined ATS. In a sense we all know it's coming - the one world government and probably a one world currency to stabilize the situation that we are now faced with throughout the world.

Big brother as you said reminds me of orwells 1984. That film was made years ahead of it's time, and yet although i'ts not quite the same. The control remains, example set up foreign nations and brand them as terrorists and producers of WMDs and al qaeda as a front and what do you have? An excuse to abuse the hard working citizens of any nation in the world.

Scary eh?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

you can never plan ahead for the unforeseeable. Let's say there is a natural disaster they did not count on, and a group in hiding that they already know of uses it to play a power grab. They would not be able to differentiate the two.

If simultaneous events happened in response to any conventional event, they would be in the dark about it. They might be able to predict the first of a chain, but not its dynamic progression over time.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
''if you have nothing to hide then you dont have anything to worry about...'' please. what if they take various actions out of context and deem someone a threat that isnt a threat? what if they decide to make someone appear as if they are a threat? how do they propse to charge someone that MIGHT commit an offence?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rightwing
reply to post by phroziac

Lets hope thats not the case, why would they assassinate you? Are you a person of interest?

They havent contacted me or anything but i know what their agenda is, i know theyre lying to us about religion, about aliens, about the occult, about our history and origins. I have undeniable evidence theyre lying to us about the inhabitability of mars and therefore assume they are in contact with aliens there.

Ive also caught someone wiretapping my cell phone.

I dont say much about what i know on ats because no one cares, its been stated before, and im really here to leaen more....you can pm me for that undeniable evidence if you want. Itll make a good thread one day but theres a lot more # for me to shovel through first..lol

new topics

top topics

join