It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Employees Watch Your Pension

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
How do we fix the budget deficit, we dig deep into Federal employee pensions.

Federal Pensions Going... Going... Going... BYE!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Geez.

I was a state government employee... but this isn't good news at all. Bush is so stupidly irresponsible.

Many of my fellow retirees are taking jobs at (sigh) Wal-Mart because their pensions aren't that much. Any medical problems tend to eat the payments up quickly.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
LL1 the link is not working I am interested in the information. I wonder if this will affect my husband pension also.

LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You know UNION stands behind the rank & file members of gov't.
So they are now going to really push the vote, and endorse the other candidate for sure now....
It's on!
Starting to smell like Enron with advance notice.

LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Click on> Federal Pensions Going... Going... Going... BYE!
In my first post, it's in red.

LL1

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
try this as well, hope it helps:

www.govexec.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks LL1 I got it now, well this is going to scare a lot of retirees and federal employees, my husband looked at me with big eyes and said "my pension is garantee" so I will like to get more information on actually on who's pensions are at risk.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To comment on your concerns ...

It boils down to this ... in order to NOT APPEAR AS A BUNCH OF FINANCIAL SCREW-UPS to the public by having the Republican controlled Government publicly raise the National Debt Limit (again) before the election, the Treasury has moved to "not invest" the budgeted money for the Federal Employee Pension Fund ...

Supposedly they will "repay" the funds when the "debt crisis" is over, which means if we have a Republican controlled government for the next 20 years, the United States of America will cease to exist as a continuing financial concern and will have to disolve itself into smaller self-sustaining financial units.

No one's pension is at risk ... yet.

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

top topics

join