It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans now commit suicide than are killed in car crashes as miserable economy takes its toll

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I think we have a very entrenched anti-suicide bias in our culture, probably beginning with the roman church.

I understand that it hurts people, especially children, and that is a shame. I know a couple of pre-teens who just lost their father to a heart attack, he was only 52. That's has got to be very painful. If he had committed suicide, it would have been much worse, right? He wasn't the most health conscious person in the world. His not-so-good choices coupled with a heart condition was responsible for his demise. I'm sure he wanted to live, a very active, gregarious guy who loved his kids. But...

We are all dying. Life is a march into the grave, whether long or short. Why is to choose your time of death such a taboo? If you're done, you're done.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Pilot because: word omitted

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Keep in mind your children will always be apart and love you ,if you end your life you end a part of there's,never forget how important and magnificent you really are

u2u me anytime

edit on 8-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join