It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Live In The 1920's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Now this was a time of fun and beauty..

gotta love this old stuff..

too badd kids these days can't see what life was really like at one time in history..

maybe this will shine some light on what it was like back in Grandma's day..

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks for that- I really enjoyed watching it. One of the eras I've always felt a strong connection to.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Was this a progressive time for women? I know WW2 saw many progressive changes for women, but the 50's tried to put women back in the kitchen, so to speak.

I really enjoyed the video (:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Mehhhhhhhhh The music back then was not "metalized" enough for me
The cars were beautiful , The fashion I don't care for much I like my jeans and a tee shirt... And I am pretty sure the world was all black in white back then so I see on tv ... how weird is that

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Whaaattt??

Son, you crazy.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Yes a very progressive era for women. They shortened their dresses, stopped wearing bras, began wearing swimsuits and pants and more women were educated and had careers. Also they had just recently acquired the right to vote.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This shows a much simpler time and the class that was evident in all aspects of life. There are days when I wish the country have kept some of the values of the past.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Thank you OP that was excellent. Reminds me of the pictures my grandparents had.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Meh.

I like Internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thank you for that, however, I'm pretty sure the color portion was the early thirties, judging by the cars at least. And yes, the 20's were a very progressive time for women, suffrage was granted in 1921, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The 20's were cool. But no internet.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Mehhhhhhhhh The music back then was not "metalized" enough for me
The cars were beautiful , The fashion I don't care for much I like my jeans and a tee shirt... And I am pretty sure the world was all black in white back then so I see on tv ... how weird is that

Yeah, a world without metal? I'm sure someone tried with what they had.
I like my world in colour too, sunsets just wouldn't be the same in B&W.

It does seem women dressed more provocatively compared to later years, I think that has something to do with religion and film censors?

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the 1920's and 1950's for sure, but of course last week of 2012 to get the lotto numbers!

Ahhh, the 1920's, then the 30's hit, party is over folks.
(of course the fed and the banks had nothing to do with that since 1913, right?)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It certainly was seems like a golden time the 20's,particularly looking back from our current perspective.

Yes woman got suffarge but that had less to do with Pankhurst a great deal to women stepping up in every concievable industry over 4 years while the men endured the trenches öf the Western Front.

Women worked not stop in the munitions and war factorys,farms and were the workforce on the homefront.

The trade unions were seriously concerned the women would refuse to give up wörking and po back to the kitchen when the war ended.The soldiers would need jobs when they came home.

Cant remember if the vote was promised on the understanding they women gave up work at the war tö get the men back to work but the fact they kept the country going,built the tanks,ships and shells and in a real sense made it fought the war on the homefront it was clear women were equal to men when it mattered.

The liberation of women at the start öf the 20's,the first world war traumitised europe but the economy picked up,many survivors of the trenches sought danger and thrills racing cars,planes,speed.they wanted to cut loose drink,coc aine,bright young thingsg.art deco and consumerism yet there was the elegance and class of the edwardian era present still

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wonderful video, thanks for posting it. The 20's, up till the stock market crash and depression looked like a great time to be alive. My favorite era though has to be the Victorian era. The start of the industrial revolution, all of the cool inventions and whatnot.

new topics

top topics

join