It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfectly Timed Lighting ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i came across this

Hi folks, San Diego checking in.

I am watching something interesting right now. A large thundercloud that has been stationary over the Southeast mountains for the last 4 hours has been flashing lightning regularly.

The weird thing is that the lightning is contained within the clouds and is flashing one pulse (no flickering) every 5 seconds. Timing these flashes with a stopwatch on my smartphone shows the flashes at 5 seconds +/- .2 seconds.

Has anyone else ever seen lightning flashes this exactly timed?

lunaticoutpost.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hey what's up. San Diego here as well. Myself and my co workers were watching that's same cloud flstarting at around 930pm. It did seem odd that no lightning broke through the cloud. It was cool to say the least, but eerie in a way. I know folks from TJ telling me the same thing. I'd like to know more as I've been here in San diego all my life and never seen anything like it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

I saw something very similar to that several years ago.. never seen anything like it before.
I was out on Dartmoor camping (Plymouth, UK) It was nigh time, in the distance a big cloud.. otherwise relatively clear night..

cloud had flashes of light inside it. no noise, but perhaps distance had some part in that, but I should have heard something at least..

Reminded me of the clouds in the relatively recent war of the worlds film.. but that had not come out at this time.

interesting...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Sheet lightning, it happens. Whats kind of weird is the rhythm to it, as you described it.

join