It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lazy, stupid or ignorant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is slightly hypocritical as what I am about to say has also been said many times before. The difference is that you can't say it enough times as it obviously doesn't hit home.

Anyway, there have always been double threads about, that is actually quite understandable for lesser news and generally I do not really mind as I will go to the one that has been written first.
People may write similar threads at the same time or on different forums, it can genuinely happen.
It does get silly though when it comes to 'big' breaking news, such as the recent NY shooting or the death of Armstrong.

Do all of those people who start new threads about massive news days after they happen really believe that on a website like ATS nobody has been there before them?

By all means have the same thing covered 2 or 3 times but after a couple of days of something major happening you'd expect that anyone with half a brain cell could have a quick scroll down the 'New Topic' page to see if it has been covered before. They don't even need to use the 'Search' facility.

I mean at the moment, there are two 'new' threads on Armstrongs death right underneath each other.
These are on top of about 5 or more older ones further down.
Just one glance at the 'New Topic' page will reveal that there are already more than enough yet someone will just type up another one.
I can't even begin to understand how ignorant some people are. Or are they just lazy and don't give a damn?
Both is bad.
ATS is an online community and if we never mention what annoys us then others will never know.

I am fully aware that neither I nor this thread will change these lazy/stupid posters ever, but that is not the point. This is the 'Rant' forum and that is all I am doing. Venting my disbelief at those that have no ability for logical thought.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff....that is the steam I have just released; and now I feel better and can get on with reading threads made by those whose neural pathways are clear and functioning.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
No, even when they know somebody else JUST posted it, they will continue anyway, because its a sure S&F op..

Staff make me laugh, because they seem to pick and choose when we can have multiple threads and when we cant..

How can you keep up with rules if you keep changing them?

Am I the only one not that bothered about Armstrong? He's kept his mouth SHUT more than others have, so that's NOT in our interest, also, that's if he DID go to the moon

I'm rather more concerned about the astronauts that lost their lives attempting to get up there, they were soon forgotten about.

ETA: Your avatar still disturbs me!
edit on 26-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
ha ha ha! i know what you mean! some person just posted yesterday about the spaceship they found in the baltic sea!!!!! like it was breaking news!!!
or news that is posted over and over again. like they hear something and just turn on their computer and post it without doing any kind of search at all!
good rant though! i'm with you!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

R.I.P. neil! and yes,i think he did go there!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

ETA: Your avatar still disturbs me!
edit on 26-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Haha, that's what I intended [not you specifically obviously]

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It's conspiracy.

Neil was getting ready to whistleblow and when NASA found out they put a hit on him. Poor Guy. R.I.P. Neil. We were almost about to get disclosure.

We all know the truth.
edit on 26-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Another issue is that most people don't care to read through an entire thread and will post answers or comments that have already been discussed... I also don't understand why people post just to tell the OP the starred and flagged the thread... There's just too much useless crap to wade through on seemingly all fronts around here... There's a lot to complain about and some will agree but the majority will just keep barreling full speed ahead...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
People just want to post for stars,flags, and "acceptance" by people they never will meet. It makes them feel better about themselves I guess and it just amuses me people are so arrogant.

I created the Curiosity lands on mars thread. Minutes later someone else posted the same exact thing with pretty much same exact title. I then politely told them that there was another thread already posted. What I got in return was "we don't care we are with our 'friends'".

I had another thread I created asking what peoples OCD was. An hour later a guy stole my freakin idea and everybody flooded his. They laughed and said his thread was better when it was clearly MY idea!

Nothing is original anymore on this site and when something is. The guy with more stars steals any and all credit as their own.

That's why I don't post anymore. Copycats that don't know the term respect.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

Nothing is original anymore on this site and when something is. The guy with more stars steals any and all credit as their own.

You've only been here 3 weeks!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This thread has been done before. Use the search!
J/K

You should have seen the duplicates when Kim Jong II died.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

You've only been here 3 weeks!!!!

I've been here since I was 13.... so think before you act.

Just because I left and forgot my password didn't mean I've been I haven't been here longer than all the people like you.

The nerve of some people that think they know someone just by looking to the left of the screen.

Well guess what I've been here for 10 great years. Happy now.
edit on 26-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join