It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US temple gunman 'shot himself'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I don't think he mistook them for Muslims. I think he knew exactly what they were. They were probably just the closest target for his rage. It's just an assumption people are making with regards to it being a mistake. I don't think he was that dumb.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Either way, it is not good.

This is a good article on some of the media bull# that has flown about since the massacre.

On just moronic mistakes about the religion and people.

When coverage started in earnest on Sunday, a Fox News anchor asked a witness whether there had been previous acts of "anti-Semitism." A Fox local news report claimed that Sikhs were "based in northern Italy." And the host of CNN's Newsroom Don Lemon struggled with the "murky detail" of whether Sikhs were Hindus, Muslims, or a different sect altogether; he later postulated that the killer "could be someone who has beef with the Sikhs."

Blaming the victims.

According to the Washington, D.C.-based think tank Sikh Coalition, there were at least 300 reported incidents of attacks against Sikhs in the first month after 9/11. Some Sikhs, like Satwant Singh Kaleka, the temple's president who was one of the six slain in the attack, hung big American flags outside their window to show their patriotism. But in interviews on television and print, Sikhs had to continue to state they were not Muslim or members of the Taliban. The media pushed Sikhs into a binary of "terrorist/good citizen," and used their sound bites over the past two days to reinforce this narrative.

www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I heard on CNN last night that his girlfriends had worked in a bar just down the street from the temple...

I was wondering if she might have struck up a friendship with one of the members that the shooter was upset about?

No one asked the question on air, and presumable the question won't get asked, but it seems that 'jealous rampage' is not unheard of so it could be a possible motive.

- That is, of course, unless we are dead-set against entertaining that this was anything other than organized domestic terrorism from a hate-group... which seems to be the direction the media wants us to go. It's so much more entertaining.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join