It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on this NASA Curiosity Rover image?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Mods can close this thread, CNN got me...

This pic was taken from CNN's website, I was going through all the pictures and then I came to this one and something just doesn't seem right to me.

IMO, compared to the other pics Curiosity is sending us, this image looks like something out of a video game.

The sand, sky, tires seem off. Before you comment you should look at all the other pics on CNN's site too and compare them, this was the only one I found that had this CGI type of look.

Link to CNN Gallery

ETA: If you go to CNN's pictures they are in much higher resolution, I had to take a screen shot to upload this, the save option was not allowed off CNN's website

edit on 8/6/2012 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2012 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

The pic you posted is CGI ? , the rover didn't send that picture , but the imagination of an artist did

NASA's Mars Curiosity Rover, shown in this artist's rendering, touched down on the planet on August 6.

edit on 6-8-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Not to be rude or anything, but if you think that is an actual photo....then who do you suppose is holding the camera.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Are you serious!

If the photo was taken by the rover, and this is a photo of the rover then

Who took the photo!

God, there are martians!

P

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It says under the picture that it is an artists rendering.

2nd

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Look at those chemtrails in the sky?

Are we sure they're on Mars?

I DON'T THINK SO!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hmm,, must be just out of the car wash since it is perfectly clean. Not even the tires are dirty, yet there are tracks.
Hmmmmm......
edit on 8/6/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
To be rude, how are you intelligent enough to post a coherent sentence and then create the thread??

but REALLY, really...seriously, honestly....really?? Is it because it said CNN or what?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Go easy on the guy. I think he knows he made a mistake...and I'm sure he feels pretty embarrassed.
We all make mistakes once in a while.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Go easy on the guy. I think he knows he made a mistake...and I'm sure he feels pretty embarrassed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
All sorts of neat photoshop, cgi, and 3d rendering programs out there for mere pennies...

pocket the rest of the mission...
CHA CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nazi
Anglos
Shystering
American citizens

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I was just kidding in my post, I know for a fact this guy has some intelligence, i've seen him around.
This in particular though, it's just a horrible horrible gaffe and we must point it out so he knows.
I would hope to god someone would do the same to me.

He was able to point out CGI but not for the image, that took thinking on it's own.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sometimes, not even an epic facepalm..would be sufficient

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe they drove one of the other rovers over and snapped this picture...........Dude seriously?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you believe that, then maybe?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mods, perhaps the hoax bin?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Lol, obviously there is no way to prove it, but when I looked at the picture i swear there was no caption at all. I see there is one now, so yes I made mistake, thanks guys for pointing it out.

I don't understand why they would lump that picture in with the rest of the rover images though, they go from showing real shots and then just throw that rendering in there almost like they would want you to subliminally think its real. Willing to bet many just flipped through the photos without reading captions...

To the guy that asked how it would be possible for the rover to take a pic of itself:

It wouldn't be too difficult to use that mechanical arm to set a device down to take a pic of itself.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread.

I needed a good laugh.

new topics

top topics

join