It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It is your article and your claim the burden of proof lay with you. I would think you would understand that. What you wrote is opinion what you quoted from the article would be considered credible your opinion is not.

I hope you understand the concept of burden of proof.

As for you comment about never being called I would be happy with that. I am just stating that many in my nation are tired of protecting ingrates on our dime. For us it would be a win win situation. Don’t call and we wouldn’t care if you did call you need to pay up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Let me break this down for the comprehension challenged such as you.

I don’t mind S Korea the people there were real nice and glad to have us there.
Above sentence is Fact

IMO I do not see where we will ever be able to pull all our forces out.
Above sentence Opinion as the senate states it is opinion.

Up on the DMZ the N Koreans were constantly trying to infiltrate.

Above sentence is fact.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro0870
I was thinking "What shoud I write?" to accompany this picture

how about "What a load of crap"

There is no US base at Longreach... it is a site for the JORN radar.

Shoalwater Bay is a Australian Army training area, the USA has exercised there as well
en.wikipedia.org...

Delamere Air Weapons Range is a significant training facility for the Royal Australian Air Force and the air forces of the Republic of Singapore, Malaysia and the United States. The USA just uses it...

The Bradshaw Field Training Area (BFTA) is a large area in the Northern Territory used for training by the Australian Army as well as an Australia-US Joint Combined Training Centre. The training area is a former cattle station which was purchased by the Australian Government for military training in 1996. It occupies approximately 870,000 hectares, starting 500 metres north of the settlement of Timber Creek.[1] A large dirt airstrip capable of operating C-17 Globemaster transport aircraft was built by Australian Defence Force and United States Military engineers at BFTA in less than four weeks during Exercise Talisman Sabre in 2007.

Laverton is also part of the Jindalee Operational Radar Network, not a US base...

That website is just a anti west front, started by people who were involved in the CND (Campaign for NATO Disarmament)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

It is not MY article, I simply posted it and questioned the source of their claim of 87%. You seem to think that an actual poll took place and when I asked your proof for this, you deflect the topic back onto me and rehash the same questions i have already clearly answered.

You clearly are either deliberately misinterpreting this thread or you are simply following me and my threads and trolling me.

Either way mate, I'm not impressed.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I asked for your source on your claim that South Korea and Japan wanted the US in their countries. You, again, have deflected that and are actually becoming quite nonsensical. Would you like me to quote where you claimed this? Surely you're not that stupid...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You are the master of deflection here

First answer this. You claim that the article you posted stating that 87% are in support of this to be wrong is that merely your opinion?
Do you admit this is just our opinion and you have no intention of backing your opinion up with verifiable information?

You are the one resorting to name calling here which is very telling about you.

If you can answer that I will back up my claims about S Korea and Japan.

Please do not deflect further.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Kryties

Nope, sorry, that would be you.

First answer this. You claim that the article you posted stating that 87% are in support of this to be wrong is that merely your opinion?

I am stating it is wrong because no poll took place that I, or anyone I know of, took part in. There was NO POLL. This is not opinion, this is fact, therefore the 87% cannot be true. That is the last time I am going to say it.

Do you admit this is just our opinion and you have no intention of backing your opinion up with verifiable information?

Why would I admit something like that? I simply made a logical deduction based on the evidence. But speaking of backing claims up, you ever going to get around to backing up yours?

Name calling? Precisely what name did I "call" you hmmm? Methinks you are making up lies again tsk tsk

I created this thread a while ago, meaning you had to go specifically to my profile (I'm guessing straight from the other recent thread) and dig through until you found this thread. You are clearly trolling me, it is plain to see mate.

I will not discuss this with you any further. Go find someone else to troll like the good little basement-dweller you are. The thread ended a while ago, necroing a thread for the purposes of trolling is extremely poor form.

edit on 16/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Any one ever think of the possible resource war once Antarctica opens up to private mining corporations?

I remember reading around the time the Australian Defence White paper was released by Kevin Rudd in 2009/10, that Australia had to build up its naval capacity greatly for use in the Southern Ocean.

American bases here are to work towards that, and to stop any Chinese access there.

Defence Force Posture review

- There will be an increasing need in the future to support our national presence in the Australian Antarctic Territory and the Southern Ocean under the terms of the Antarctic Treaty.

Australian Antarctic Territory and the Southern Ocean
The 2009 Defence White Paper assessed that challenges to our national interests in the Southern Ocean and Antarctica are highly unlikely to require substantial military responses until at least 2030. Beyond 2030 there is likely to be greater pressure on fish stocks in that region and mineral resource extraction in the Antarctic region and the Southern Ocean may become economically viable if energy prices increase significantly.
Increased pressure on resources may see increased interest in engagement in the Antarctic continent. But the Antarctic Treaty System, which demilitarises the continent, remains the centrepiece of Australia’s engagement in the Antarctica. The Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty (Madrid Protocol) prohibits any activity relating to mineral resources, other than scientific research, on the continent. That Protocol cannot be amended before 2048 without unanimous agreement of Antarctic Treaty parties. The risk of military challenges to our interests in Antarctica will remain low.
The ADF’s role in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean will be to support whole-of-Government fisheries protection efforts, conduct search and rescue activities and logistic assistance to the Australian Antarctic Program (AAP) scientific presence in Antarctica.
The Review recognises the difficulty of sustaining an enhanced presence in our Northern approaches concurrently with contributions to a whole-of-Government presence in our Southern approaches. Increased resources for relevant agencies, not just Defence, would appear to be necessary to strengthen Australia’s presence in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean in the face of likely future challenges.

I see all this as not only just containing China, but also setting up Fortress Australia spo that Australia and the US can secure Antarctica for themselves prior to the 2048 vote on mineral extraction there.

The Naval base in Perth is purely for securing the security of the mining and resource industry there.

This all makes me conclude that they see a potential threat to these areas within the next 10years, serious enough to start making inroads now into protecting them.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Maybe, except the denial of the base by our government shortly after the OP would tend to speak against that theory.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Nope, sorry, that would be you.

I told you I will answer your question as soon as you answer the one I have been asking over and over

I am stating it is wrong because no poll took place that I, or anyone I know of, took part in. There was NO POLL. This is not opinion, this is fact, therefore the 87% cannot be true. That is the last time I am going to say it.

Deflection from your earlier statements.

Do you admit this is just our opinion and you have no intention of backing your opinion up with verifiable information? yOu have not offered any evidence.

Why would I admit something like that? I simply made a logical deduction based on the evidence. But speaking of backing claims up, you ever going to get around to backing up yours?

What evidence. Show some evidence. Is it that hard for you to prove your claims.

I created this thread a while ago, meaning you had to go specifically to my profile (I'm guessing straight from the other recent thread) and dig through until you found this thread. You are clearly trolling me, it is plain to see mate. Calling someone a troll, who IS a troll, is merely stating fact.

It is called recent posts. Have you ever tryed it the button is next to myATS? You should now quite deflecting.
Why the hell wouldn’t I be looking at a thread called
US bid for multi-billion dollar nuclear aircraft carrier strike group in Perth

It is your thread those were your statements and your articles that means you need to show burden of proof or simply admit you can’t.

I will not discuss this with you any further. Go find someone else to troll like the good little basement-dweller you are. The thread ended a while ago, necroing a thread for the purposes of trolling is extremely poor form.

Just answer the question honestly. I already prepared the info on N Korea and Japan but you will not even give a straight answer. You are acting like a troll or maybe your entire thread was an attempt at trolling.
I asked very valid questions of the OP that is you of what you stated and you are deflecting. You will not answer so instead you attack. Very poor form on your part.

I am not going to wate much more time on you but I will provide the evidence to back my claims which you have failed to do time and time again.en.wikipedia.org...en.wikipedia.org... States_relations

In both S Korea and in Japan I have served as a soldier some of the greatest supporters of the US are citizens of those countries. Only in S Korea were there some protests always by college kids that seemed to be doing it more because it was the cool thing to do. I taught English on my off time to some of the college kids and had brought up the subject and they said there were very few who were in favor of reunification of Korea but it was more or less a phase most went through until they served and learned what it was really about. Military service is mandatory for all Korean males which certainly helps them understand the danger of N Korea. My job was on the DMZ Google it.

I have just provided you with more information than you deserve. You really are a piece of work. If I ever run across another thread by you I will know it is intellectually dishonest.
You get a huge thumbs
you cant even back up your on OP.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
How on earth can the source state that 87% of Australians are in favour yet 100% of the people I know never answered a survey asking them that (man, woman and children of many age groups - being an adult I mix a lot) and 100% of the people I know also DO NOT favour it.

Because polls sample the population, they do not ask the opinion of every person in the population.

polls like this are probably included in monthly questionaires sent out by the likes of Gallup - but they will sample 1000, 5000, 10,000 or some such number of people or households across Australia, and then make inferences about what the population of Australia does and doesn't like from the results.

The questionaire will have questiosn on a number of issues that various organisations have paid the polling company to find out about.

It is pretty basic statistical sampling, and the fact that you were not part of it is unimportnat to the result.

the "election polls" you see around election time will often be as few as 1000 peole, and will usually have some sort of accuracy figure attached along the lines of "the margin of error of this poll was 3.4%"

the technique is remarkably accurate for predicting results within the margin of error.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Regardless of anything, the OP wasn't all about the poll numbers, it was also about the larger issue of the US spending itself into oblivion amongst other things. The other poster simply necroed this thread from months ago because he is following me around trolling me due to an argument we had in another gun control thread. As you will see, I just caught him out in his lie in the post above yours.

Apart from that this thread should be laid to rest because news came out shortly after the OP that the Aussie Govt has denied the request. Therefore the point is mute.
edit on 16/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The admin asks that we stay on the topic and cease and desist from these childish "troll" games. Good people can disagree on anything, and nobody here is perfect, so let's cut each other some slack.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No problem mods.

Here is another report on it with a poll. The video says quite a bit about it. Seems it will bring some good jobs there.

www.smh.com.au...

several polls within this report.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

That's the whole point we don't want this.BANKS ARE RUNNING THE SHOW. They're looking for another cold war.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join