It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why menfolk should follow instructions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I've done a quickie search and all I could come up with thus far is this thread on Men and their penchant for throwing away instruction manuals without a care in the world. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now before I get pitchforked I'd like to say I don't quite agree with that thread, indeed some of us Ladies throw caution to the wind when faced with new gadgetry too. Lets face fact's now, when it comes to flat packed furniture the instructions aren't worth the paper they are printed on anyway. Unfortunately though some instructions really do require being paid attention too. So before any of you chaps decide to throw yourselves down the route of tidying up your fuzz in the quest of attaining today's metrosexual hair free physique - a word of caution from your fellow reviewer man.

www.amazon.co.uk...=cm_cr_pr_top_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addFiveStar

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

/raises hand
Scuse me, man here.
Ima need an instruction manual for the post, I'm just not putting it together.
Thanks
Hey, and grab me a drink while your at it.
And a sammich too.

Good morning!

(Edit)
When I find I goofed and there is no manual in sight, I praise the pdf!
Any other time I curse it though.
edit on 24-7-2012 by g146541 because: pdf lifesaver?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
mostly a mixture of common sense and the instructions work best for flat pack furniture but new tech,I definitely think "hands on try and see what it does",is much better than instructions.in my experience it's women who can't follow instructions even on a microwave meal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ironic, maybe I should have made the instruction to click the Amazon review link more clear.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while
(although, it really is not funny at all)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Painfully hilarious I'd say.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I don't know whether to cringe in sympathy or lose it laughing....

I guess I'll do both.

I like the last line about giving it a five because despite the agony the product worked really well.....

As a guy you like to think the mechanical and design side of your brain should be able to work out how stuff goes together without instructions, and at least 50% of the time it usually is.

In this case though, the wiser idea would have been to read the instructions....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Theres 35 pages of eye watering fun there. I only stumbled across it the other night.
Should be in a book.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I couldn't believe that review, I thought my brain had inserted words that weren't really there, so had to read it again.
Absolutely priceless, I'm still smiling.
Thank you for bringing a bit of laughter into a doom-ridden day.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

This review is from: Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200 ml (Personal Care)
Excellent product. Most prisoners confessed within five minutes of the first application.
Can recommend.
Yours, Ali Muhabarakah, Secret Police, Damascus

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

HEY NOW! I will have you know I don’t throw away instruction manuals until after the object is built and I keep every manual of every device I own including cars! I also have digital copies of many of them.

Of course just glancing at them and putting them away before starting the assembly might be what you are talking about...

edit on 14-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

LMAO

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh Yeah Gods it gets better. Rip out your nose hair with Nads.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

My eyes are watering just thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So, it falls to me, yet again, to defend the male of the species. Fine, then so be it... We don't read instructions because blaming Ikea is way more fulfilling.

We don't ask for directions because we know that every guy in any service station is just as lost as we are anyway - so what's the point.

We don't express our feelings because we've been told that Chuck Norris is always watching - and he's not above cold cocking a dude with teary eyes.

And we...

And we...

And we...

Crap. Honey I was just saying something online.. do you know what it was? No baby, I don't wanna scroll! Why you gotta be that way. Hey, do I smell gumbo???................"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Chuck Norris won't help you when you have a stick of burning wax firmly wedged up your nostril and your bums melting off like you stuck it in the gumbo.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sadly, many of the reviewers actually did read the instructions yet still applied veet to their junk. Many thanks for the laughs. Reminded me of the first time I came across the Darwin awards. So many stupid people in this world it is amazing. Crikey, even I'm not that stupid.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bah I followed the instructions... but given the T&C's and my irreverent sense of humor, I opted to bag on the topic itself and not the subject matter - IE men not listening as opposed to the notion of using napalm as a means of landscaping ones own, ummm. garden.

Besides, I'm a guy. My attentions span doesn't last more than four or five letters of type anyway before the "Ooohhh, shiny..." kicks in.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i make photocopy's of the instruction's.

form an orderly queue ladies.

top topics

join